2019 Week 2 PACKERS vs vikings GAME DAY THREAD

Shanedorf

16 minutes ago, WaitWhat said:

A brand new offense immediately going up against the top defenses and the offense has had struggles?  That is goddamn shocking! 

Lol

It's more than that though. Teams simply don't fear or even respect a single WR/TE on our team other than 17. Graham can't get open, he's simply way too slow. MVS is the only other guy with speed, but he's more of an all or nothing guy right now, I don't see him ever being a stable, reliable threat. Minnesota was absolutely depleted at CB today and we threw for 75 yards after the first quarter. It's a problem that Gute should be paying attention too.

4 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

It is remarkable that a 2-0 start against the two (other) best teams in the division was borderline unthinkable 8 months ago, and yet people are unhappy.

I feel like it should be pointed out that after week 2 last year we were 1-0-1 against these same teams and would have been 2-0 if the refs didn't whistle on that horrific ROTP penalty on Clay. 

2 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

It is remarkable that a 2-0 start against the two (other) best teams in the division was borderline unthinkable 8 months ago, and yet people are unhappy.

Perspective is unreasonable, shame on you.

Bellyaching about  a new offense needing work is the way to go.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

At some point you have to let people play, because too much reffing ruins the game.  As always it's a balance, and because it's early season refs are probably overcalling it.

The problem with "letting them play" is that the players are going to adjust by making more contact with each other, and then you're right back where you started. I do think that the refs have been way too quick with the defensive PI whistles for a long time now, so at least they are evening things out by calling PI more on the offensive players now. 

I'm pumped we are 2-0 against division opponents and have a defense that can make stops. The punting has been great as well. Our first three drives were on point. This allows me to believe that we do have moving pieces to be a successful offense. Some of it will take time, and that is how it goes sometimes in the modern NFL. I get why some people are concerned, but I do believe it will work out. A lot of season left, but the 2-0 is a nice start.

• Like 1