With JW...  

91 members have voted

1. 1. TB should...

• Stick with their guy, he's good enough/will improve
    • Roll with him until they can draft a new franchise QB
    • Sit him in favor of their backup, give him more time sitting
    • Immediately drop him, and begin preparation for a new approach

On 9/11/2019 at 7:42 AM, ET80 said:

He's not good, but he's better than anyone you're finding at this point. Ride it out, scout out QBs in the 2020 draft.

I seriously wonder if Winston gets a job next season - I hardly believe a starting job is out there for him, even as a seat warmer for a rookie. I even wonder if someone would look at him as a backup, to be honest; I highly doubt his work ethic and study habits would make for a good backup QB, so this might be it for him, IMO.

I'd be surprised if he wasn't picked up for a backup spot. He's definitely fitting that role.

The approach I think we should take is give him the season and if he plays well enough to earn a franchise QB level deal, we give him it. If he doesn’t, we move on.  I don’t think we can draft another QB in round 1 while he’s still on the roster.

What I think will end up happening is that he’ll settle on being a good game manager type (a bit like last night, but more efficient), he’ll get a 3 year deal and we’ll draft a QB on day 2 to develop.

We don’t have a better QB on the roster and, truth be told, I don’t see anything in Griffin that suggests he’ll be anything more than a career backup.

3 minutes ago, ILoveTheVikings said:

I know which makes it even harder.xD

But extending him is absolutely the wrong decision if they choose to do it.

Has anyone said that this is what they should do?  Anyone?

I mean, if he continues to play better, like last night, and wins them too many games to upgrade their QB, then obviously consider him as a stopgap with a team friendly contract, but it seems very unlikely that he's going to be getting a starting QB deal.

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 6:42 AM, ET80 said:

He's not good, but he's better than anyone you're finding at this point. Ride it out, scout out QBs in the 2020 draft.

I seriously wonder if Winston gets a job next season - I hardly believe a starting job is out there for him, even as a seat warmer for a rookie. I even wonder if someone would look at him as a backup, to be honest; I highly doubt his work ethic and study habits would make for a good backup QB, so this might be it for him, IMO.

For all his flaws, Winston actually has an excellent work ethic.

On 9/12/2019 at 1:42 AM, PapaShogun said:

I feel like he will be in Oakland next year. Just seems like a classic Raiders move. Carr will go elsewhere.

I just hope that if the Raiders do let Carr walk after this year and Brees retires that the Saints go after him.  He's a much better QB that I think in a different situation will fulfill the promise he showed prior to his injury.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, JudeMorrigan said:

For all his flaws, Winston actually has an excellent work ethic.

Really? That's very interesting. I always thought that's WHY he's not doing well, because everything from a physical perspective is reasonable at the very least.

It interesting to hear this.