Baker Mayfield vs Lamar Jackson

patriotsheatyan

Baker Mayfield vs Lamar Jackson  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Baker Mayfield vs Lamar Jackson

• Mayfield
    • Jackson

56 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

True story, wasn’t able to watch the game until now because of work. Turn on the tube, check the box score and first thing that comes to my mind is raven fan will be chirping in here😂. You cats never disappoint. 

Can we, as Browns and Ravens fans, just agree that both of our QB's are better than Sam Darnold at least? lol

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

True story, wasn’t able to watch the game until now because of work. Turn on the tube, check the box score and first thing that comes to my mind is raven fan will be chirping in here😂. You cats never disappoint. 

You gotta cut me some slack dawg I already know in 2 weeks time I'm gonna be hearing about how Belichek has permanently and irreversibly ended Lamar's career so I gotta get my hits in where I can. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Can we, as Browns and Ravens fans, just agree that both of our QB's are better than Sam Darnold at least? lol

For one freaking time in my life as a Browns fan I’d LOVE to agree with you as a Ravens fan, but alas (yeah I just used an antiquated term) I just can’t. It’s still way too early to say...🤷🏼‍♂️

Sorry 

2 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

You gotta cut me some slack dawg I already know in 2 weeks time I'm gonna be hearing about how Belichek has permanently and irreversibly ended Lamar's career so I gotta get my hits in where I can. 

Hey I only have a week...yeah I’m not feeling good about next week

The fact this poll is even given what has happened this season is a joke.

Put Lamar on the Browns with all those weapons and they're favorites to win the Super Bowl.  Put Baker on the Ravens and they're competiting with the Dolphins for the first overall pick in the draft.

The gap in talent between these two QBs is enormous.  

Edited by VanS

42 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Baker turns the ball over WAY too much for my liking. He's got time to work through it, but he's got to actually WORK THROUGH it, not do insurance commercials with his girlfriend.

That'll be the only upside to his disappointing season - he won't be asked to do any more commercials.

Baker has definitely turned the ball over too much this season, but he's also had an incredible amount of unlucky INTs. I think he's had about five INTs that were very catchable passes that tipped off the receiver's hands and fell into the defense's hands. No doubt he has struggled and needs to make better decisions, but he's also just been flat out unlucky.

1 minute ago, DawgX said:

That'll be the only upside to his disappointing season - he won't be asked to do any more commercials.

Baker has definitely turned the ball over too much this season, but he's also had an incredible amount of unlucky INTs. I think he's had about five INTs that were very catchable passes that tipped off the receiver's hands and fell into the defense's hands. No doubt he has struggled and needs to make better decisions, but he's also just been flat out unlucky.

I'm going back to even last season - people talked about breaking the rookie TD record, but ignored he was a little over one INT a game. 

Some guys can overcome that - you know, Kurt Warner and Brett Favre threw a ton of INTs at their respective peaks. They off-set those turnovers by continuing to throw, making big plays in the process.

That might be Baker - but if it is, you have to brace yourself, because it's nearly a zero sum game.

• Like 1