How bad are the Miami Dolphins?

Bolts223

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

I'd say so, but I think Alabama would put up a fight for about a half. I think Clemson would probably do the same, if not more.

That was mostly in jest.  It gets brought up every year.  I just wondered if people think Miami is the special case that would lose to a college team, or at least, people who don't think that regularly, since the consensus seems to be that the Dolphins are special, bad special, but special nonetheless.

• Like 2

They are as bad as you’d expect a team to be that has gone through as many coaches as they have in the last 15 years. Add in roughly 55 million in dead cap and you’ve got the Lolphins. 

Good news is IF they somehow can get a stabilizing force inside the franchise they could turn it around after clearing that dead cap. At least they aren’t saddled to a coach for ten years guaranteed at an absurd pay level. 

1 hour ago, Boltstrikes said:

They are as bad as you’d expect a team to be that has gone through as many coaches as they have in the last 15 years. Add in roughly 55 million in dead cap and you’ve got the Lolphins. 

Good news is IF they somehow can get a stabilizing force inside the franchise they could turn it around after clearing that dead cap. At least they aren’t saddled to a coach for ten years guaranteed at an absurd pay level. 

Wow, 102 million in active players and 91.3 million in dead cap/injured reserve/cap space

• The Cowboys are 157 and 34 by comparison.
  • The Patriots are like 165 and 30.

14 hours ago, Daniel said:

That was mostly in jest.  It gets brought up every year.  I just wondered if people think Miami is the special case that would lose to a college team, or at least, people who don't think that regularly, since the consensus seems to be that the Dolphins are special, bad special, but special nonetheless.

Miami would win 56-0, and I fully expect them to go 0-16 this year.

14 hours ago, Daniel said:

they wouldn't lose. Their offense would be the best in CFB and their defense would be probably the best as well. Conservatively favored by 3-4 touchdowns. I think they would beat Clemson/Alabama 40-10ish.

15 hours ago, SkippyX said:

How bad are they?

• DeVante Parker is on a pace for 112 targets and 24 catches
  • Ballage/Drake are averaging 1.9 per carry
  • Fitz is a 39.9 rated passer and Rosen is much worse at 14.5
  • Fitz is sacked on 10.7% of his drop backs and Rosen is 16%
  • 26.1% of their drives have ended with a turnover.

Of the 1,088 teams to play since 1986, Football Outsiders has them ranked dead last after 2 weeks with a -114.7 DVOA (the next worse team was -107.)

• They have the 5th worst offense and the 12th worst defense of those 1,088 teams.

They are ranked 32/32 on offense and defense already 

• They are 39 points and 107 yards away from 31 on defense
  • They are 9 points and 101 yards away from the 31st offense.

This is not a real NFL team.

They're the best 0-16 candidate I've seen, ever.

Edited by kramxel
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, ClutchDJ said:

I side with the worst NFL team would win against the best college team, but if Alabama, Clemson, Oklahoma, Ohio State, & Georgia’s best players would team up against Miami, it would have me thinking...

Like a college all star team?

how much time do they get to practice together?