2019 WEEK 3 PACKERS vs broncos GAME DAY THREAD

Shanedorf

10 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Clay is gone, Perry is gone, Cobb is gone.

Let the people irrationally hate our veterans that are getting paid. This year's crew is Graham, Tramon and Crosby.

You seem pretty quick to lump all fans/posters into one category who have or had expressed their opinion on an overpaid player, like you have never done in any sort of way. 

C'mon Mr. Cyber Mod! 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Let the people irrationally hate our veterans that are getting paid. This year's crew is Graham, Tramon and Crosby.

Forgot one.  Number 12 I think.  Being paid like top 3 at his position.  Playing like top 16 at his position.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

I'd be fine with Graham doing what he's doing for $3-5 mil. Don't act like that contract is anything but a complete pile of ****. Gute's not perfect. He made a mistake by hanging onto Graham when LaFleur came on board. I don't even really blame Graham. He's a square peg here. It's not the end of the world, but a mistake nonetheless. No harm in pointing that out.

Tramon at 48 years old is earning his money through 2 games. Looks spry in the slot. Crosby hasnt been tested yet but it's $4 mil, no biggy. 

• Like 2

We're 16 million under and have a fine roster. I couldn't care less what Graham's making. Not like we were going after 5 starter FAs anyway. 

When Graham is gone next year, someone else will take his place as a guy not earning his money. Every team has some bad contracts, a few have crippling contracts. Graham's contract is no where near that status so it doesn't bother me in the slightest he's making more than he's worth.

From Packer Maven on kick -  offs

https://mavensports.io/packers/news/why-mess-with-do-nothing-success-KW0ASjU-RUG2lEkh60H0rA/

"The Packers are one of five teams to have happily kept every kickoff in the end zone for a touchback. The result? With the Bears booting one kickoff out of the bounds in the opener, Green Bay’s average field position following a kickoff is the 27.5-yard line. That’s the third-best starting point in the league … for doing nothing. 

The matchups might work in the Packers’ favor on Sunday against the Broncos. Through the limited sample size of two games, Denver’s kickoff team has allowed a league-worst average starting point of the 30.3-yard line."

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

https://mavensports.io/packers/news/why-mess-with-do-nothing-success-KW0ASjU-RUG2lEkh60H0rA/

"The Packers are one of five teams to have happily kept every kickoff in the end zone for a touchback. The result? With the Bears booting one kickoff out of the bounds in the opener, Green Bay’s average field position following a kickoff is the 27.5-yard line. That’s the third-best starting point in the league … for doing nothing. 

The matchups might work in the Packers’ favor on Sunday against the Broncos. Through the limited sample size of two games, Denver’s kickoff team has allowed a league-worst average starting point of the 30.3-yard line."

Sounds like they will need to kick one out of bounds too then. That way we can keep their average where it belongs. 

7 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

I still don't understand why anyone even takes the ball out of the endzone. If its kicked to the endzone don't even bother picking it up ever.... 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

I still don't understand why anyone even takes the ball out of the endzone. If its kicked to the endzone don't even bother picking it up ever.... 

Because coaches and players grow aroused at the thought of playmakerz with the ball in their hands. Regardless of the fact that there's something like10x as many fumbles lost as there are KR TDs, and the expected return yardage is less if you take it out.

• Like 1