Trade Deadline Rumors

TakeTheBallDeep

19 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Can we stop with the hyperbole? A lot of Bakers problems are Bakers own damn fault.

I don't get the sense of that being hyperbole with @Nabbs4u. When you're a part of the demographic of one of the most passionate fanbases in the world you tend to sway that way. He's the same way with the eagles needing a corner. 

You're right a % of the Browns challenges is on Baker, a % is Dorsey getting rid of Zeitler, a % is on Robinson being relied on to revive his career, and a % is on the growing pains of this year 1 coaching staff.

Logic and passion can be muddled together when talking football lol.

Edited by thebestever6
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I don't get the sense of that being hyperbole with @Nabbs4u. When you're a part of the demographic of one of the most passionate fanbases in the world you tend to sway that way. He's the same way with the eagles needing a corner. 

You're right a % of the Browns challenges is on Baker, a % is Dorsey getting rid of Zeitler, a % is on Robinson being relied on to revive his career, and a % is on the growing pains of this year 1 coaching staff.

Logic and passion can be muddled together when talking football lol.

TBH, Kush hasn't played badly for the most part. He's a good run blocker and an average/slightly below average pass blocker...he's an ok starting RG in the NFL. 

Their OT situation is an abject disaster though. Robinson/Hubbard/our backup RT have been abysmal. Bitonio and Tretter at LG/C have been rock solid, both PFF Top 5 at their positions.

Everything else I don't really disagree with.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

You should give us Von imo...

I wouldn't be opposed to that it's Elway you have to deal with. There's a price to pay to be the guy who traded away Von Miller your former superbowl mvp. 

And he was not a defensive one hit wonder superbowl mvp like the guy for the Seahawks in 2013.

Edited by thebestever6

21 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

TBH, Kush hasn't played badly for the most part. He's a good run blocker and an average/slightly below average pass blocker...he's an ok starting RG in the NFL. 

Their OT situation is an abject disaster though. Robinson/Hubbard/our backup RT have been abysmal. Bitonio and Tretter at LG/C have been rock solid, both PFF Top 5 at their positions.

Everything else I don't really disagree with.

You know this, but for the people who don't. He used to be a Bear so I watched all of his games prior. He wasn't bad at all. Right now, I'm not sure he wouldn't be our best O linemen. That's more on our current state but he can hold his own. 

On 10/14/2019 at 10:49 AM, theJ said:

That one makes a lot of sense really.  You'd think if this was a Mariotta thing that they'd have made a more conscious effort to include him somehow.  The guy can be a weapon.  He showed it last year.

Been beating this table all season for Davis to come to Green Bay. He has familiarity with MLF's system (OC there last year) and right now the Packers desperately need something behind Adams. Just unsure what kind of asking price TN would have on him at this point. 

28 minutes ago, Danger said:

THE HAUL

Friendly reminder that the following were part of the haul:

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Article/Cleveland-Browns-Carson-Wentz-Trade-Finally-Complete-What-It-Was-1-117814804/

8347719.jpg

The following were "little moves" made:

*Traded Peppers and 2019 1st (Lawrence, NYG) for OBJ

*The 2018 2nd Corbett was just traded

*Antonio Callaway was drafted

So, basically, it was:

*Eagles get: Wentz

*The Browns get: A bunch of trash, plus Ward (Pro Bowl CB), Callaway (at WR), (interior rotational DL) Chad Thomas, OBJ

Considering they also flipped Brock Osweiler for Nick Chubb and went into the tank for Myles Garrett and Baker Mayfield, I'd say that the "haul" PLUS tank and salary acquisition dump strategy really helped.

Granted, 2015-2017 were miserable, but here we are. If Mayfield doesn't pan out, obviously it's a fail...but if he does/is the guy many thought he was/would be in August, both Philly and Cleveland are pretty happy.

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Article/Cleveland-Browns-Carson-Wentz-Trade-Finally-Complete-What-It-Was-1-117814804/

8347719.jpg

So, basically, it was:

*The Browns get: A bunch of trash, plus Ward (Pro Bowl CB), Callaway (at WR), (interior rotational DL) Chad Thomas, OBJ

Considering they also flipped Brock Osweiler for Nick Chubb and went into the tank for Myles Garrett and Baker Mayfield, I'd say that the "haul" PLUS tank and salary acquisition dump strategy really helped.

Granted, 2015-2017 were miserable, but here we are. If Mayfield doesn't pan out, obviously it's a fail...but if he does/is the guy many thought he was/would be in August, both Philly and Cleveland are pretty happy.

How do you get Ward out of all this? I don't follow. You also had to give up a 1st alongside OBJ, so that really shouldn't count either frankly. No doubt you guys are more talented now, but any competent front office with the sheer number of assets you accumulated should be able to do that much. It worked out for you, but the assets you got from the Wentz trade are pretty pathetic frankly.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Danger said:
37 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

8347719.jpg

So, basically, it was:

How do you get Ward out of all this? I don't follow

Butterfly effect/web like effect.phillies pick turned into future Houston pick desean watson got injured that pick turned out pretty well.

Edited by thebestever6

39 minutes ago, Danger said:

How do you get Ward out of all this? I don't follow.

We took the picks in the Philly trade, traded them for the 12th pick the following year, traded that to the Texans (who selected Watson) for their 1st, and then used that pick on Ward. 

You also had to give up a 1st alongside OBJ, so that really shouldn't count either frankly.

Like I said, it was still a "piece".

No doubt you guys are more talented now, but any competent front office with the sheer number of assets you accumulated should be able to do that much.

I don't disagree.

It worked out for you, but the assets you got from the Wentz trade are pretty pathetic frankly.

I think that it worked out for both teams. I agree with the bold on the first two years, but the picks that we got in the years following by trading those picks for more picks worked out great. The "haul" was more of a long term tanking solution/philosophy, not just a trade in a vacuum like it was for Philly.

@LETSGOBROWNIES want to chime in/help out here?

• Like 1