2019 MLB Hot Stove Thread

Eagles27

2 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

It was on Twitter.  I will see if I can find it.  It was basically quotes from Bryant to the effect of "The Union feels that my service time was purposely manipulated, like it has been done to others around the league, and they want this practice to stop.  As part of the Union it is my job to help everyone else out in whatever way I can."

It doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things, as I know KB is gone in 2 years, if not sooner.  But he hasn't expressed any discontent with the organization in any way, shape, or form.

I'm calling a truce on this in that we temporarily unite in Cardinals and Astros hate.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I'm calling a truce on this in that we temporarily unite in Cardinals and Astros hate.

I can't find the tweets, so I guess we have to call it a draw anyway.  KB hasn't outwardly expressed any discontent with the organization at all, even though he was well within his rights to.  We all know the Cubs purposely manipulated his service time, just like we all know OJ killed Nicole.  I think the chances of the Cubs being found guilty is roughly the same.  

1 minute ago, hrubes20 said:

We all know the Cubs purposely manipulated his service time, just like we all know OJ killed Nicole.  I think the chances of the Cubs being found guilty is roughly the same.

You're really lucky the Astros story just broke because I remember you telling me all about Mike frickin Olt when it happened.

5 minutes ago, nayad said:

"If you want to be your strongest, get some sun on your boys. And by boys, I mean your testicles."

This is an actual quote from the new San Francisco Giants manager. Welcome to the Bay Gabe, you fit in great here. 

These comments don’t sound too good.

honestly surprised they would hire him

2 minutes ago, MightyMouse07 said:

Can someone tell me what incidents they are referring to? 

This hire has me scratching my head, I have no clue what the reasoning behind this is 

Kapler seems like a meathead 

3 minutes ago, MightyMouse07 said:

"A 1939 study exposed men to UV radiation over the course of 5 days. The study noted that it was sufficient to turn the skin red. When the UV radiation was aimed at the chest, testosterone levels increased by 120%. When the genitals were exposed, testosterone increased by more than 200%." He even cited a study lol 

Honestly not worried about his "persona", its kinda his thing so be it. But I dont think he should be labeled as the type of person who sympathizes with domestic violence. He really is gonna fit in spectacular here. 

https://books.google.com/books?id=WjThAAAAMAAJ&q="gabe+kapler"&dq="gabe+kapler"&cd=4&hl=en

8 minutes ago, MightyMouse07 said:

Not me

On 10/10/2019 at 8:31 AM, Forge said:

Sadly, he sounds like a Giants type managerial candidate lol. I don't know what it was, but I thought that when I heard he got fired. 

On 11/11/2019 at 1:34 PM, ramssuperbowl99 said:

The owners would be giving the players a concession by adding the DH, since the league average DH gets paid more than the league average 25th guy in the bullpen. They aren't going to want to give that up for free.

Do AL Teams in general pay more than NL teams in relation to market size? I don't think so.

That is because the money comes from other players (bench and middle relief). I don't know why people and players overlook this. It isn't going to cost more, it is going to move it around. You create one more high paying position at the expense of the lower level guys. 

• Like 1