Raider Injury/COVID Report

RaidersAreOne

On the plus side we will finally get to see Parker at LT.  The game has to be moved.  What was the reasoning behind suspending the Patriots vs Broncos.  I am sure it can not be worse than our situation.  I love Brown as a player but if the reports are true that his irresponsibility are to blame then bye.  I would trade him as soon as he is off the Covid list.  Could have traded him for Ngakoue.

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Trading away David Sharpe looks dumber and dumber every day. 

Yeah it does.  Sharpe’s play was equal to a bottom half to third of starting RTs in the league IMO and certainly is very missed much due to TB’s vacancy.  I think he was traded to dump salary, as he was on a 2.133M RFA tender.  We really could have used Sharpe this year.  Young’s been better than expected but hurt too and honest not great.

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

Yeah it does.  Sharpe’s play was equal to a bottom half to third of starting RTs in the league IMO and certainly is very missed much due to TB’s vacancy.  I think he was traded to dump salary, as he was on a 2.133M RFA tender.  We really could have used Sharpe this year.  Young’s been better than expected but hurt too and honest not great.

This could have been Sharpe chance to truly prove he was a starting RT going forward. After a solid 2020, could have earned a new contract. Instead, we are looking to burn a high pick at the position. 

12 hours ago, NYRaider said:

He hustled the organization by getting a virus during the worst global pandemic in modern history? 

Your defending of Brown is gross, not shocked, you defend everyone. 

Brown did hustle us. He played 11 games last year (not even 11 full games) and probably will play like 9 this year. Guaranteed he will play 9-10 next year as well and then all 16 in 2022 because it’s a contract year. The guy is all about the $$$$ which is super ridiculously obvious. This guy doesn’t wanna play football, he’s lazy as hell. He milks injuries which irritates his coaching staff. Almost everyone out there is playing with some aggravation. This fool literally has to be one million percent to play. Clearly about the $. 

You are extremely naive about a lot of things. Trent Brown is taking the organization for fools. Guaranteed Mayock and Gruden see through it, and I’d bet Brown isn’t on the team next year. 

Sorry that it “foils” your draft plans. But I’d much rather dump Brown, trade a 2nd for QW, and draft an OT in the 1st. 

Edited by BayRaider

23 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Your defending of Brown is gross, not shocked, you defend everyone. 

I'm not going to blame Brown for catching one of the most contagious viruses in human history that has infected millions of people around the world. Based on reports from insiders and Brown's own comments his calf injury actually was pretty serious. I don't think he's going out of his way to milk injuries, I just think that he's severely overweight and his body can't handle it which leads to constantly being hurt. 

I also agree that he probably won't be on the roster next year unless he comes back and dominates the rest of the season. I just hope that if we do cut him we use that money or a premium draft pick to find his replacement because our OL has looked significantly worse without him. 

5 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Agreed, Young isn't a terrible option but there's literally no way you can justify keeping Brandon Parker over David Sharpe. Especially during this season with covid, Trent Brown's injury history, and knowing that there was a strong chance a lot of guys miss time this season. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I'm not going to blame Brown for catching one of the most contagious viruses in human history that has infected millions of people around the world. Based on reports from insiders and Brown's own comments his calf injury actually was pretty serious. I don't think he's going out of his way to milk injuries, I just think that he's severely overweight and his body can't handle it which leads to constantly being hurt. 

I also agree that he probably won't be on the roster next year unless he comes back and dominates the rest of the season. I just hope that if we do cut him we use that money or a premium draft pick to find his replacement because our OL has looked significantly worse without him. 

You really need to read up on brown and the covid thing. He ain't some innocent bystander that walk pass the wrong person in the grocery store. 

7 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

You really need to read up on brown and the covid thing. He ain't some innocent bystander that walk pass the wrong person in the grocery store. 

Where do I find the reads?  I haven't seen anything on him being anywhere.  Just that he wasn't wearing the bracelet.  Not that I'm doubting... Genuinely interested.