GDT Week 7 | Skip Bayless's Wet Dream (3-3) v Jim Schwartz "Runny Stool" Defence (3-3)

Blahstoise

13 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

LB and DB isn't that important when you have insane D-line depth I guess. Problem is we don't have that anymore.

It certainly is, we are relying on a gimmick instead of building a complete defense. I really believe our CB are not as bad as the way they are being torched. I can´t for the life of me understand why there´s never safety help. I blame the coaching more than anything at this point. How come all of them have regressed? 

Losing DeSean Jackson really hurt our offense. Instead of a bunch of 2nd and 3rd/slot WRs playing their role, we got them trying to be a #1. All the injuries to the secondary is also taking it's toll. We need to find a way to get a win against Buff and try to get to our Bye. This team isn't bad, it's just wounded. 

Go Birds

MC 

11 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

playcalling/Carson probably deserve chunk of blame for inability to get anything going with these WRs on the outside. We can't even get quick outs, hitches, slants, I don't know if it's just not being drawn up or Carson not finding them but it's a problem all the same.

Our coaches hate routes that "limit" the WR with YAC but I tend to agree with you, we need to get our outside WRs going for anything else to find space.

5 hours ago, aussie_eagle said:

Is it worthwhile trading away players for draft picks at this time? For example get rid of Jefferey and Agholor hopefully for a 2nd and 3rd?

at 3-4 with a cakewalk back end of the schedule? Nah. We do need to get healthy and start making plays.

36 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

It certainly is, we are relying on a gimmick instead of building a complete defense. I really believe our CB are not as bad as the way they are being torched. I can´t for the life of me understand why there´s never safety help. I blame the coaching more than anything at this point. How come all of them have regressed? 

The last two weeks is because we played against Dalvin Cook and Zeke Elliott and the LBs needed more help than the CBs. That said the DL not playing up to par is a killer for this defense as a whole.

40 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

The last two weeks is because we played against Dalvin Cook and Zeke Elliott and the LBs needed more help than the CBs. That said the DL not playing up to par is a killer for this defense as a whole.

I do think if we had a legit pass rusher at DE and a healthy Malik/Timmy our DL would be freaking nasty. Super sad we didn't go out and get a pass rusher this offseason.

2 hours ago, Mastercheddaar said:

Losing DeSean Jackson really hurt our offense. Instead of a bunch of 2nd and 3rd/slot WRs playing their role, we got them trying to be a #1. All the injuries to the secondary is also taking it's toll.

2 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

Our coaches hate routes that "limit" the WR with YAC but I tend to agree with you, we need to get our outside WRs going for anything else to find space.

2 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

The last two weeks is because we played against Dalvin Cook and Zeke Elliott and the LBs needed more help than the CBs.

1 hour ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I do think if we had a legit pass rusher at DE and a healthy Malik/Timmy our DL would be freaking nasty.

What's sad is, You all are right. It's not just one thing right now. Even with all of that listed above our biggest issue Right Now is our Inability to tackle and Penalties. Key penalties that either negated a 1st down, negated a Long play or TD , negated a TO,  extended a drive that would of resulted in a 3rd down stop and punt for the opposing offense, ect.

These penalties and missed tackles have killed/extended more drives then our injuries. Game in and game out. UNDISCIPLINED football is the Eagles biggest issue and if it doesn't get corrected it won't matter who we get back healthy IMO. 

Edited by Nabbs4u

4 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

That's pretty silly, you don't see many successful offenses that aren't heavily incorporating slants, hitches, outs, etc. into their offense. I guess we do with Ertz, but clearly teams are on to that.

5 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:
11 hours ago, aussie_eagle said:

Is it worthwhile trading away players for draft picks at this time? For example get rid of Jefferey and Agholor hopefully for a 2nd and 3rd?

at 3-4 with a cakewalk back end of the schedule? Nah. We do need to get healthy and start making plays.

I disagree with both of you.

1. You arent getting a 2nd/3rd for Alshon/Agholor. Maybe very late rounders. Alshon was a street FA and hasnt improved his stock since then, just got older and has allegedly become a malcontent. 

2. Your schedule is far from cake walk. Its really easy to find another ~4 (+/- 2) losses. 

That said, as a fanbase, I would caution you from overreacting. We played really well and just so happened to get a lot of starters back; while simultaneously you guys came out awful and fresh off locker room drama.  

7 hours ago, Art_Vandalay said:

In 3 years with Dougie, we have a 4-1 postseason record with a ship. How tf could he lose the team? Not saying you're wrong. Just trying to imagine wtf happened. Unless the majority of the locker room was on Foles' side...

who know but if lane is right about players not being held accountable for their actions thats a bad look on the coach.

8 hours ago, nlesthought said:

I don't think we can afford to waste this year...too many vets. 

Coordinators/play-callers are at fault. Offensively and Defensively we looked out coached/schemed and executed. 

Fake FGs, relying on one guy (Desean), playing coverages for consecutive weeks that put guys in bad position are all signs that we don't have the staff to turn this ship around.  

You have to know when to hold em and know when to fold em. 

If we are going out and giving up assets for help that won't be around for the long haul, then that's the biggest mistake you could make. Last night showed just how far behind the Cowboys we are at this point. We're probably closer to the Giants than we are to Dallas right now.

4 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I wouldn’t be mad if Ertz got traded. I think Goedart is ready to be a stud. Ertz is probably one of the few guys we can afford to trade that’ll actually get something of value. 

Pretty much this, it'd be kinda bittersweet but it'd be pretty logical.