GDT Week 7 | Skip Bayless's Wet Dream (3-3) v Jim Schwartz "Runny Stool" Defence (3-3)

Blahstoise

7 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Man, you guys are way more optimistic than me. We just got smashed by Dallas, you really think we are ever beating that team later in the year?

Why not? It was a home game, backs against the wall with players in fear Jason Garrett might get fired if embarrassed like we just were on SNF going into the bye. They typically win those types of games!

In the end we're stil 1- 1 1/2 games out of first with a Division that could easily see the winner being 8-8, 9-7. 

What can't continue to happen is the TO's , missed tackles and complete and utter lack of discipline with penalties extending and ending drives! That's why we are losing. Yes injuries aren't  helping, yes the secondary is atrocious but the 3 things above are worse right now.

Whether that gets corrected or not will determine if the Eagles make any kind of run these last 9 gms or not.

Sky falling, We suck, Fire everyone yadda yadda yada!!

5 minutes ago, Danger said:

I like to consider myself generally optimistic about this team, but yeah, at this point I can't expect much from this team.

Desean comes back soon

So we will have at least a quarter or two til we can collectively realize him missing wasn’t the key problem 

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

Desean comes back soon

So we will have at least a quarter or two til we can collectively realize him missing wasn’t the key problem 

Maybe my pessimism is spreading too far, but I'm beginning to wonder if this is even true. DeSean's injury situation has been "not that serious, hopefully next week" for over a month now! That's not a good sign no matter how you look at it. I guess he is doing things this week he wasn't doing last week so we should take solace in that?... but I wouldn't be any more surprised to see him show up after the bye than show up next week.

I also can't wrap my head around the idea that DeSean is the key to this offense. If a deep threat is so important to Doug, why did Howie provide him with literally 1 on the entire roster? A fragile one at that. I mean we'll see eventually, but I can't say I expect some transformation to the offense, and if I see that... well then I am losing even more faith in this FO. Using the iTest it certainly seems that a deep threat will make all the difference, seems there is no respect from DBs which leads to the middle of the field getting defended too well for Ertz, Alshon and Nelson to go to work, but playcalling/Carson probably deserve chunk of blame for inability to get anything going with these WRs on the outside. We can't even get quick outs, hitches, slants, I don't know if it's just not being drawn up or Carson not finding them but it's a problem all the same.

27 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Maybe my pessimism is spreading too far, but I'm beginning to wonder if this is even true. DeSean's injury situation has been "not that serious, hopefully next week" for over a month now! That's not a good sign no matter how you look at it. I guess he is doing things this week he wasn't doing last week so we should take solace in that?... but I wouldn't be any more surprised to see him show up after the bye than show up next week.

I also can't wrap my head around the idea that DeSean is the key to this offense. If a deep threat is so important to Doug, why did Howie provide him with literally 1 on the entire roster? A fragile one at that. I mean we'll see eventually, but I can't say I expect some transformation to the offense, and if I see that... well then I am losing even more faith in this FO. Using the iTest it certainly seems that a deep threat will make all the difference, seems there is no respect from DBs which leads to the middle of the field getting defended too well for Ertz, Alshon and Nelson to go to work, but playcalling/Carson probably deserve chunk of blame for inability to get anything going with these WRs on the outside. We can't even get quick outs, hitches, slants, I don't know if it's just not being drawn up or Carson not finding them but it's a problem all the same.

I think it’s realism honestly

the wide receiver problem is a breakdown on every single level of the team

Each individual guy playing like crap and/or is hurt. I’d post a Nelson Not Going for the ball montage, but I’ll spare us all.

Carson occasionally not utilizing what he has and putting them in more Easy win situations (mostly on Doug but Carson can also audible)

Asst Coaches not holding their guys accountable and growing them.

Doug, for sticking with an offense that doesn’t help extend plays. Which becomes real bad when you have wideouts who can’t separate.

Howie for not assuring the position would be handled beyond a old WR that misses games every year. Instead quadrupling down on a possession type guy who has zero use unless one guy is out

I don't think we can afford to waste this year...too many vets. 

Coordinators/play-callers are at fault. Offensively and Defensively we looked out coached/schemed and executed. 

Fake FGs, relying on one guy (Desean), playing coverages for consecutive weeks that put guys in bad position are all signs that we don't have the staff to turn this ship around.  

2 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

I dont think this is a desean issue. Lane says guys are late to practice and meetings all week this is clearly now a doug issue. has he lost the team?

He’s too soft. Guy needs to grow a pair and hold players and coaches accountable 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

I dont think this is a desean issue. Lane says guys are late to practice and meetings all week this is clearly now a doug issue. has he lost the team?

In 3 years with Dougie, we have a 4-1 postseason record with a ship. How tf could he lose the team? Not saying you're wrong. Just trying to imagine wtf happened. Unless the majority of the locker room was on Foles' side...

I hope the last two games thought Howie and the rest of the staff the importance of the LB position. 

The Vikings and Cowboys have athletic LB which allows them to stay in base defense against our twelve personnel without the threat of separation on the outside. And on the other side, we neglect the LB position so bad that without Bradham (who shouldn´t be your main man at the second level) what do every other team does? Attack those scrubs on every single play. I´m so tired of seeing them biting on every misdirection the offenses throw at them.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I hope the last two games thought Howie and the rest of the staff the importance of the LB position. 

The Vikings and Cowboys have athletic LB which allows them to stay in base defense against our twelve personnel without the threat of separation on the outside. And on the other side, we neglect the LB position so bad that without Bradham (who shouldn´t be your main man at the second level) what do every other team does? Attack those scrubs on every single play. I´m so tired of seeing them biting on every misdirection the offenses throw at them.

LB and DB isn't that important when you have insane D-line depth I guess. Problem is we don't have that anymore.

• Like 1