TNF: Chiefs at Broncos

SBLIII

So, this is definitely at least the second primetime game that Joe Flacco is getting. Lamar Jackson (who went 6-1 as starter last year) doesn't have one until a week 9 SNF game against the Pats, that they could have chosen to flex..... Clearly, the people who pick the nfl scheulde believed Browns fans in NFL general on Lamar's career trajectory.

1 minute ago, wackywabbit said:

So, this is definitely at least the second primetime game that Joe Flacco is getting. Lamar Jackson (who went 6-1 as starter last year) doesn't have one until a week 9 SNF game against the Pats, that they could have chosen to flex..... Clearly, the people who pick the nfl scheulde believed Browns fans in NFL general on Lamar's career trajectory.

Everyone gets a thursday game I thought. So can't really count that.

1 minute ago, SBLIII said:

so there already have been described 3 different injuries by people it feels like. I trust Chao though.

I mean, it's pretty definitely a dislocation. The question is just how much damage is involved with it. I've had both kinds myself. I've had a dislocation where we popped it back in and I kept playing football, never had surgery, nothing. I've also had a dislocation where I was taken to the hospital, had surgery, and could barely walk for 2 months. Easy to say the injury, just hard to say the severity.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, mse326 said:

Everyone gets a thursday game I thought. So can't really count that.

I don't mean it in terms of a fairness perspective. I meant just putting a fun watchable QB on TV. Lamar vs Kyler, Lamar vs Mahommes, Lamar vs fellow draft rival Mayfield two times (who is already on primetime every other week), Lamar vs Russell Wilson, Lamar vs Watson... All of these would be FUN to watch that people want to see and yet they are all buried on non-national Sunday afternoon. The only explanation for not having a national game for Lamar until week 9, that again, could have been flexed, was that they thought he'd flop.

Nah, let's get in more Flacco.

Edited by wackywabbit
  • Like 2