Bucketheadsdad

Who ya got?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Browns
    • Still Browns, but in orange
    • Still browns, but in white
    • Hornby
    • Two GOATS that graze in the same field.
    • Jerks, why'd you pick the two GOATS?

13 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

He's been made a scapegoat, I'd be upset too 

Scapegoat? Dude has sucked too. Browns have two bad tackles, which one do you upgrade first? I would say the LT because it’s the most important offensive line position

also you add his extremely inconsistent play with the amount of mental mistakes, the dude had the writing on the wall

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Scapegoat? Dude has sucked too. Browns have two bad tackles, which one do you upgrade first? I would say the LT because it’s the most important offensive line position

also you add his extremely inconsistent play with the amount of mental mistakes, the dude had the writing on the wall

Bro, Greg Robinson is not the reason the we are 2-4 stop it, to do all of this public grandstanding about the OL is a bad look on our part IYAM

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Bro, Greg Robinson is not the reason the we are 2-4 stop it, to do all of this public grandstanding about the OL is a bad look on our part IYAM

issues on why the browns have lost/struggled

poor play out of the WRs

poor play out of the QB

poor coaching

poor offensive line play. 

which one can be fixed now? Higgins can make a difference now that he is back. You ain’t benching Baker, you ain’t firing Freddie, you can tinker with the offensive line  

now who doesn’t have a future with the Browns? Browns WRs have a future. Baker has a future, Freddie has a future. Only two OL have a future on this team and that’s JCT and Bit. Now which positions is more important to upgrade first , LT, RG, or RT? We’ll pass blocking wise Greg Robinson to me has been the worst pass blocker. Pass blocking is the most impactful aspect of a LT, so I would upgrade that position first

you Fix the LT spot baker might improve because he isn’t fearing for his blindside. He had bailed on good protection at times because he doesn’t trust Robinson. Play calling could improve because Robinson won’t have a stupid flag or two game that puts the offense in a bad position. RT and RG could improve cause instead of deciding to bring extra pass blocking help to RT or LT or trying to decide what blocking scheme to utilize To help the RT or the LT, they can no focus on helping RIght side  instead of deciding between right or left. 

22 hours ago, buno67 said:

Greg Robinson is tied-15th in Penalties (5); tied-43rd in QB hits allowed (1 QB Hit) and tied-21st in QB pressures allowed (4) according to PFF elite. Chris Hubbard has been worse. And when you take into account the film and watching Eric Kush get pushed into Baker's lap and into his line of sight repeatedly Kush has been worse as well imo.

I think what drives the dominant belief in Robinson as being some next level terrible Tackle is:

1.) That when he sucks and is bad they are catastrophically terrible plays that are memorable,

2.) He had the stigma of being terrible and a bust early in his career,

3.) He gets penalties at inopportune times,

4.) At least for this year, Robinson being kicked out of a game coupled with the fact that the offense has struggled means that when searching for someone to blame it's easier to find a player that has been known in memory to be trash either in the past before he got here or in flashes when he's been catastrophically bad for the Brown,

5.) He's just not a consistently good player.

The fact is if you watch Tackle play around the league Robinson is average to above average, but one thing can't be overlooked: He's a force in run blocking.

He has been scapegoated for the OLine's ills if he is the only one benched and not Chris Hubbard or Eric Kush. So, if other people are committing errors and not held accountable for their errors but Greg Robinson is then that to me is the very definition of being scapegoated for our offensive struggles. No way around it. Now, with the league being how it is one can understand why he is being benched and Freddie not fired and Baker not benched, but that doesn't mean we can't call it for what it is.

If it's a meritocracy and player's get benched for poor performance heading into and out of the bye week then also bench Eric Kush, Chris Hubbard, and Antonio Callaway as well.

Robinson was never the guy never the longterm solution, but if he needs benching so do Hubbard, Kush, and Callaway.

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 4