gdt8: mesomorphic peckers versus KC kief's 2019 exclusive (MNF): bashaud's return to gorgeos green bay 2019 + "the incomparable" tony brown recoups his starting position PART UN

FinneasGage

la personne qui porte vingt-huit ans est celle qui nous sauve  

51 members have voted

1. 1. how the peck men gonna finish em

• godgers w/ the golden gogoplata (ate only asparagus)
    • JK47 w/ axe kick to the parietal lobe
    • martyred velveetas-sandalman w/ the osp (von flue) choke (4.38 speed)
    • zad'arce smith w/ the CHOP to the frontal lobe (previously utilized)
    • tony brown

4 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

That's how deep threats exist in this league, GB hasnt really employed that guy for quite awhile, if he was silky and ran the whole tree fluently he would no longer be a #2 ala Jordy growing into the #1. MVS needs the snaps to grow.

I hope you're right. I think he's being forced into a role that's too big for his shoulders. 

6 minutes ago, Howler said:

I don't see the smoothness out of breaks for him to be a #2. He's way too mechanical like Metcalf. 

Seattle has problems if they have such a one dimensional player as their #2. I don't know what the issue is with Ridley. I'll give you that. 

As far as the rams, their entire downfield passing attack has been handicapped by their abysmal line play.

Metcalf is kind of perfect for the Seahawks though. Their whole offense is built around pounding the rock and letting Russ make magic happen downfield. They have wiggly guys like Lockett, Moore and Brown who can get open on third down if need be.

1 minute ago, HighCalebR said:

That's how deep threats exist in this league, GB hasnt really employed that guy for quite awhile, if he was silky and ran the whole tree fluently he would no longer be a #2 ala Jordy growing into the #1. MVS needs the snaps to grow.

I was skeptical that he'd ever learn how to do the underneath stuff.

But...I'm very encouraged by him.  I think we are still just seeing the tip of the iceberg regarding him and what he will become.  You gotta remember, it's still just year 2 for him.  And he didn't have a stellar collegiate resume, so we are working with some clay here while patching together an offense.  I have zero issues with how he's being used and what he's doing right now.  Nor should anyone else.

11 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

To expound on your excellent point, here are the Packers 10 day 2 picks since 2015.

Quentin Rollins, Ty Montgomery, Jason Spriggs, Kyler Fackrell, Josh Jones, Montravious Adams, Josh Jackson, Oren Burks, Elgton Jenkins, and Jace Sternberger.

So out of those 10 picks, there is exactly 1 starter on the current team, two mediocre contributors, two minimal contributors, and an injured rookie.

Trading a 2nd or 3rd round pick for a (hoped for) immediate contributor should not be out of the question.

And there's a reason why Ted Thompson is no longer GM.  Banging the same drum over and over again, doesn't change that fact.  But the notion of trading a semi-premium pick for a rental is stupid no matter which way you slice it.  Trading a Day 2 pick for a guy like Emmanuel Sanders is one of the worst suggestions I've heard in a while.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Howler said:

I hope you're right. I think he's being forced into a role that's too big for his shoulders. 

You/we don't know what his role is.  Nor what it is supposed to be.

I expected him to be a pseudo #1 with Adams down.  But that isn't what has happened.  What has happened is he's become a downfield weapon.  Take it and be happy.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

And there's a reason why Ted Thompson is no longer GM.  Banging the same drum over and over again, doesn't change that fact.  But the notion of trading a semi-premium pick for a rental is stupid no matter which way you slice it.  Trading a Day 2 pick for a guy like Emmanuel Sanders is one of the worst suggestions I've heard in a while.

How about a 3 and a 5 for Leonard Williams?  Get back a 6'th or something like that.

I'm not about giving up a second for anyone, but after that, it's fair game to me.

Just now, vegas492 said:

How about a 3 and a 5 for Leonard Williams?  Get back a 6'th or something like that.

I'm not about giving up a second for anyone, but after that, it's fair game to me.

I'm not overly fond of it.  He's at least young enough that you could re-sign him to a reasonable deal.  I haven't really kept up with his performance with the Jets, but if you're talking about a 3rd round pick for 8 games of Leonard Williams that's not real great return on your investment.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

I'm not overly fond of it.  He's at least young enough that you could re-sign him to a reasonable deal.  I haven't really kept up with his performance with the Jets, but if you're talking about a 3rd round pick for 8 games of Leonard Williams that's not real great return on your investment.

Fair enough and thank you.

The assumption there was either an extension, or a comp pick when he leaves.

I didn't see the harm in that deal at all.  

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

I was skeptical that he'd ever learn how to do the underneath stuff.

But...I'm very encouraged by him.  I think we are still just seeing the tip of the iceberg regarding him and what he will become.  You gotta remember, it's still just year 2 for him.  And he didn't have a stellar collegiate resume, so we are working with some clay here while patching together an offense.  I have zero issues with how he's being used and what he's doing right now.  Nor should anyone else.

If we want to bring in a WR through trade I'm still a supporter of that if we want to run some more 3 WR sets. But you cant reduce MVS' snaps and expect the same amount of big plays from him. He's the same player as Robbie Anderson, and I've seen people clamoring for him to be brought in.

10 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

I rewatched the play, you are correct.  I was wrong.  Good on Lancaster.  Great play by him.

I watched it this morning as well.  Last night, I thought that Lancaster just fell down and the ball squirted right to him.  Turns out he got a hand in there.  

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Fair enough and thank you.

The assumption there was either an extension, or a comp pick when he leaves.

I didn't see the harm in that deal at all.  

I have no idea what kind of deal Leonard Williams is in store for, but the problem with the recoup pick theory is that it requires the Giants to be minimally active in FA.

37 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

To expound on your excellent point, here are the Packers 10 day 2 picks since 2015.

Quentin Rollins, Ty Montgomery, Jason Spriggs, Kyler Fackrell, Josh Jones, Montravious Adams, Josh Jackson, Oren Burks, Elgton Jenkins, and Jace Sternberger.

So out of those 10 picks, there is exactly 1 starter on the current team, two mediocre contributors, two minimal contributors, and an injured rookie.

Trading a 2nd or 3rd round pick for a (hoped for) immediate contributor should not be out of the question.

This is why I pull my hair out when people get so offended about the idea of trading away a 3rd round pick every now and then for a proven, established player. BB lives off this. Yea, there's a chance you're giving away a pick that could be the next Elgton Jenkins, but there are a lot of Rollins, Jackson, Spriggs and Fackrell's in there too, and it's not like you're not getting anything in return. You're getting someone who has proven he can play. 

Just now, Outpost31 said:

Got a sciatic nerve issue.  Hurts when I stand, hurts worse when I walk.  What else you got?

That sucks.  Bulging disk. Rest and ibu.  When you can go in for PT.  Otherwise surgery may be in your future.  Been there.  Surgery or no surgery physical therapy will be required.

You've been bagging on Rodgers for awhile.  Until recently agreed with you.  Have to admit that he's back after a long hiatus.  Playing within the scheme instead of sandlot football.  We haven't really seen him play well in a few years.  Had the collabone wasted year.  Last year plagued by a knee injury and did not play well.  Started out no so great this year either.  He's finally coming on now and glad to see the old Aaron back.  Wasn't sure if he'd ever come back to  pre injured Rodgers form. Oh and yes you have been clamoring for Aaron to take the check down to the RB's of that I can attest.  Always enjoy reading your posts rock on Outpost.  Hope you get that back healed up.