Your 2019 MVP: Russell Wilson

BayRaider

6 hours ago, Boltstrikes said:

In the off-season I was thinking he could slowly develop into a Steve McNair type of player. It’s almost like he read that and accepted the challenge. 

Lamar reminds me so much of a young Randall Cunningham. He's so agile in the pocket avoiding the pass rush. He looked like freaking gumby last night .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

This season he totally is a top 10 offensive player overall he's the catalyst for a team that is leading the league in T.O.P 

That's biblical. He's responsible for like 16 TDs so far by himself.  He's the number 1 fantasy qb points per game!! That's my quarterback. 

16? Watson has 23. Watson sets a new record every week. I can see Wilson having the edge, but not Lamar. 

I think it’s Russ’ to lose right now, but Lamar is playing out of his mind. Sucks Mahomes got hurt, that’s be a sick 3 horse race. 

cant forget what AR12 is doing in GB. 

Edit, to add Watson, guy is a stud. 

1. Russ

2. LJ

3. Watson

Edited by Geezy

12 minutes ago, DannyB said:

Russ is probably in the lead, but MAN it would be cool if McCaffery won it. I mean he's doing incredible things. If he keeps going and the Panthers make the postseason, and none of the QBs have TOO crazy of a year...it might happen.

Agreed... but Russ, as of now, is having a crazy year. 22 TDs to 1 INT... I don't think McCaffery will keep it up, so it will be moot, but it will be a shame if he does because I have a hard time seeing him win MVP when you have Wilson putting up an insanely efficient year carrying his team, Lamar Jackson setting QB rushing records and looking revolutionary doing it, or Rodgers and Watson having even typical "really good" QB seasons and potentially leading their squads to 1st round byes.

Manning won MVP over CJ2K during his insane year with a typical "really good" season, while carrying the Colts to 14-0... granted CJ2K played on an 8-8 squad, so things might change if CMac could will the Panthers to the playoffs in the brutal NFC, and Wilson slows down.

37 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Agreed... but Russ, as of now, is having a crazy year. 22 TDs to 1 INT... I don't think McCaffery will keep it up, so it will be moot, but it will be a shame if he does because I have a hard time seeing him win MVP when you have Wilson putting up an insanely efficient year carrying his team, Lamar Jackson setting QB rushing records and looking revolutionary doing it, or Rodgers and Watson having even typical "really good" QB seasons and potentially leading their squads to 1st round byes.

Manning won MVP over CJ2K during his insane year with a typical "really good" season, while carrying the Colts to 14-0... granted CJ2K played on an 8-8 squad, so things might change if CMac could will the Panthers to the playoffs in the brutal NFC, and Wilson slows down.

I know. It would take Russ kinda leveling off a bit, not keeping up this ridiculous pace.

13 hours ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Getting tired of hearing McCaffrey as a candidate for most "valuable" player. In no scenario is a RBs "value" > QBs "value." OPOTY? Sure. But a RB will never be more "valuable" than a QB in today's game.

I think, for whatever reason, McCaffrey is just destined to end this year as a 2nd candidate, as it just kind of feels nice to have a RB up there. Like next week if Wilson threw for 5 INTs, I think everyone would find some justification for Watson or Jackson or whoever to leapfrog McCaffrey to first place. And then you'd have Watson, McCaffrey, Jackson, in that order. And then if Watson had a terrible week, people would point to Jackson or Rodgers or Mahomes having a great game that week, and they'd magically leap frog him.

I think as long as McCaffrey keeps it up, he will always be second in the vast majority of lists, but no matter what, everyone will put a QB ahead of them because they ultimately know this issue with the value differences in positions.

5 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

It's the only stat he could find to use to discredit Mahomes last year. It's the only reason he likes it.

Yeah, I mean, here are the league leaders in that stat: 

• Fitzmagic - 25.7%
  • Daniel Jones - 24.9%
  • Matthew Stafford - 23.4%
  • Ryan Tannehill - 21.4%
  • Kyle Allen - 20.4%
  • Mason Rudolph - 20%
  • Andy Dalton
  • Josh Rosen 
  • Jameis Winston

Here are the guys at the bottom of that stat, all far less than 15%

• Drew Brees
  • Cousins
  • Mahomes
  • Ryan 
  • Flacco
  • Jimmy G
  • Aaron Rodgers 
  • Tom Brady

• Like 1

10 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

@AFlaccoSeagulls get in here and take care of my light work. You're the one who says no one defends Lamar Jackson. 

I think most of us Ravens fans are tired of having to defend Lamar Jackson.

Whatever he did last year and has done this year, he is going to be disregarded as a ”running QB”, who doesn’t have the passing statistics as other QB’s.

The argument that he has taken a low ranked running game in 2018 to a league number 1 in both 2018 and 2019 – the latter to a level where there is a chance of breaking 30 year old records, somehow doesn’t count because he doesn’t pass the ball 30 times a game.

He had 1 really bad game – or at least 3 quarters before he as a rookie almost created a 3 score comeback – this game is what made most lose their trust in him, as he and the offense was “figured” out.

Btw, he was a rookie playing in his first post season game as one of the youngest QB’s ever in an offense made on the fly from week to week after the bye week – but it doesn’t matter because he didn’t pass the ball much to his all pro talent at WR.

Now as the starter for 2019, he is leading the number 1 offense in the league based on a couple of metrics – but time of possession doesn’t count, yards per game, points per game doesn’t count because much of it is running yards

He did have a really really great passing game though, but that doesn’t count because it was an anomaly against the Dolphins that is picked apart by every QB this year. The Dolphins wanted Lamar to beat them with his arm and he did – now defenses have adjusted and so have the Ravens offense so we run more.

He also has had an easy schedule, facing a bad Dolphins team, a bad Cardinals team (although it is a bit better than people anticipated), he lost to a good team against the Chiefs (and it had nothing to do with the Ravens defense which was stellar at that point), he also lost to a bad Browns team (the Ravens defense was even better here), he was only able to beat the Steelers 3. String QB and the horrible Bengals, the Seahawks game was due to the Ravens defense – not Lamar, are the Seahawks even that good now? And then the unbeaten Patriots, but it was because of the running game again.

Also, his playing style isn’t sustainable, so he can’t be MVP. He has to take shots in the pocket like a regular pocket QB, and if he is going to scramble, it is because he can’t find players downfield like Wilson and Watson and Mahomes, so he has to run = running QB.

Lamar making his oline better by evading blitzes and collapsing pockets doesn’t count, because the oline is good in the running game and above average at pass blocking.

Lamar also has a better supporting cast than Wilson, Watson, Mahomes – and if someone says different, then we switch the argument to the overall team so it includes defense (the last couple of games, not the 3 games the defense was bad) and special teams

I don’t know. Apparently the demand for league MVP is confined to a very specific type of QB – a QB which is basically either the pocket passer like Brady/Manning, or the playmaker like Rodgers/Wilson/Mahomes/Watson who runs, but doesn’t run too much.

• Like 3