TheKillerNacho

Browns cut starting S Jermaine Whitehead following threatening Tweets

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jermaine-whitehead-apologizes-for-threatening-tweets-after-they-led-to-his-release-from-browns/

A 2015 UDFA, he started all 8 games for the Browns this season. He has since apologized for the Tweets.

Please keep this to football and how this affects the Browns and Whitehead, and not about the content of the Tweets. Thank you.

I really wanted to make this thread to see the reaction, but figured it would just burn the forum to the ground. I'm glad a mod took the chance to do it haha.

Imo I like how the Browns handled this. Released a good statement then shipped him off. He went full AB. Never go full AB.

Would they have done the same if Baker Mayfield sent the exact same tweets out? Or Myles Garrett?

Answer: No. So I consider them to be a coward organization for lacking a backbone and consistency in my hypothetical situation.

When he got canned yesterday I was curious then I read how Browns fans were glad he was gone. The guy weirdly lost control of his emotions after the game, meltdown city. 

1 minute ago, RuskieTitan said:

Would they have done the same if Baker Mayfield sent the exact same tweets out? Or Myles Garrett?

Answer: No. So I consider them to be a coward organization for lacking a backbone and consistency in my hypothetical situation.

Baker and Garrett wouldn’t have said such idiotic things. Whitehead has always been scum. 

Please keep this to football and how this affects the Browns and Whitehead, and not about the content of the Tweets. Thank you.

I kinda hope he catches on with another team.  Not the type of guy I want wandering the streets with a lot of time on his hands.

Whitehead was well regarded in GB in terms of talent and knowing the playbook. But on the field...

FOXBOROUGH – Packers safety Jermaine Whitehead was ejected in the second quarter of the Patriots game Sunday night after he slapped center David Andrews after a play. ... The ejection was confirmed by the NFL on its officiating Twitter account.

The Browns took a big step down in terms of team toughness. A soft secondary just got softer

1 hour ago, RuskieTitan said:

Would you say the same thing if it was your team and not the Browns?

Answer: No, so I consider you...

You can't use racial slurs against people in the media, that is just stupid.

You can call the Browns cowards for something that didn't happen and their lack of response to said thing that didn't happen but gee, you could say that about anything in the world so it just makes you look extremely silly.

I’ve lost my cool a few times in my life, maybe not to this level, but we’re all human. Hate to see a young dude lose it all in a moment of anger. Hope he learns from this and is better off in the long run because of it. 

34 minutes ago, TheGame316 said:

The Browns took a big step down in terms of team toughness. A soft secondary just got softer

dude wasnt that tough to begin with

2 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Baker and Garrett wouldn’t have said such idiotic things. Whitehead has always been scum. 

has he? what is his history?