GDT Week 10: Packers vs. Panthers (Martinez on an Island Edition)

AlexGreen#20

Just now, waterfish_21 said:

Terrible goal line management.  We let the clock to down to 19 seconds before we ran our play at goal to goal from inside the 5.  With 2 timeouts left, it was 100% pass play, which we had a false start on.  If we didn't let the clock run down so far, think it was around 35 seconds left when the play ended, we can run or pass on 1st and goal.  

It was 19 seconds on the 1. That's fine. Williams and another presnap penalty made it look like a bad decision.

Just now, waterfish_21 said:

Terrible goal line management.  We let the clock to down to 19 seconds before we ran our play at goal to goal from inside the 5.  With 2 timeouts left, it was 100% pass play, which we had a false start on.  If we didn't let the clock run down so far, think it was around 35 seconds left when the play ended, we can run or pass on 1st and goal.  

Yeah that too.  We got the first with a minute left the looked back and it is at 19 sec.

• Like 1

I remember when losing the '15 NFC Championship "came down" to Morgan freaking Burnett not trying to run an Interception back for a touchdown. At least, that's how people I've conversed with elsewhere put it.

Same knee-jerk reactions now. If we lose this game, it'll be for reasons other than this choice before the half.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

I have no problem with going for it. Looks great when it works and awful when it doesn't, but the decider (on whether to go for it) is that they get the ball first in the second half.

I would agree but when the previous plays went THAT badly, you have to take the points.  There was nothing in that RZ series that suggested you'd pull it off.  

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Ryan Wood:  Don't blame Matt LaFleur one bit for that decision. Showed trust and confidence in his guys. But, boy, did the #Packers fail to block Gerald McCoy. And Jamaal Williams got smashed in the backfield. A deflating ending to a big, potentially huge, moment.

They blocked outside in on a dive play with a linebacker in the A gap, like even middle schoolers know whats going to happen here.

Jason Wilde: Hear me out on this, for those who were saying "All Gas, No F---- Brake" there: You're getting the ball to start the second half. You get the 3 here to make it 17-10. Then you get the ball to start the second half and as long as you score, it's a two-possession game. No?
  • Like 1