This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

4 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

The totality of all those things as a whole were my thoughts not just not the one or two you picked out of the statement.   Of course there are idiots out there … that hasn't changed since time began.  That's where YOU use common sense.   

how many clint eastwood movies do you own

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Sorry your hunch is probably wrong … Suicide is just part of the story my friend … add up all the other factors and you can bet it's a heck of a lot more than covid deaths.    Yes, 85k deaths is very sad and you can thank China for that.  That being said, the death rate per capita for the U.S. is .00238 which is one should look at.   The stay at home order was solely done to prevent the healthcare system/infrastructure from being overrun … period.   Sure it saved lives no doubt in many areas and many areas it hasn't affected folks at all.   This isn't going away and according now to the WHO, Sweden has shown by protecting the older folks and such but keeping schools and businesses open was a reasonable way to go.  We all have thoughts and opinions … carry on.

You are making things up. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Sorry your hunch is probably wrong … Suicide is just part of the story my friend … add up all the other factors and you can bet it's a heck of a lot more than covid deaths.    Yes, 85k deaths is very sad and you can thank China for that.  That being said, the death rate per capita for the U.S. is .00238 which is one should look at.   The stay at home order was solely done to prevent the healthcare system/infrastructure from being overrun … period.   Sure it saved lives no doubt in many areas and many areas it hasn't affected folks at all.   This isn't going away and according now to the WHO, Sweden has shown by protecting the older folks and such but keeping schools and businesses open was a reasonable way to go.  We all have thoughts and opinions … carry on.

There's a lot of other things Sweden does to take care of their population that is too political to make happen here for some reason. Pretty obvious but I'll let everybody else figure out why.....

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

To be fair...suicides have not reached that mark.  Not hardly.

But...there is an enormous uptick in mental health issues right now.  I work in the health insurance field....and folks are using TeleMedicine a whole lot more lately, and many of their concerns are mental health.  Pretty easy to connect the dots from mental health struggles leading to suicide.

So yah, mental health is an issue right now.  Even in my household, my wife is struggling with working remotely and not being able to get out and do what she likes to do, such as shopping, walking and going to the gym.  It is a struggle for her.  And now...she can do more of it, but she's concerned about getting the virus, or worse, unknowingly giving it to someone else (because we have not been tested).  Just a tough situation to be in.

Guess I feel like Evers was in a "can't win" situation.  Open the economy, get people back to work, get them paid.  Or....keep people more isolated to keep infections down, which should mean fewer deaths.  Either way, it is a tough position to be in.

I want to know more about this.  I have suffered from diagnosed anxiety and depression for over half of my life.  I am dealing with this very well.  Are others that already have issues addressed also doing fine? To be fair, my life hasn't changed much at all.  I just have to wear a mask when I go to the stores in Illinois, I don't go to the bars every weekend, and I do more of my grocery shopping at one time rather than pick up a couple of things 3-4 times per week.  I was already a person who could feel alone in a crowded room, so my interactions at work and talking on the phone with my parents is probably enough socialization.

Are these new cases because of a cabin fever effect? Are people already affected worse? 

5 minutes ago, Kepler said:

There's a lot of other things Sweden does to take care of their population that is too political to make happen here for some reason. Pretty obvious but I'll let everybody else figure out why.....

Sweden also has a population of 10.23 million.  Chicago metro has a population of 9.5 million. 

Just now, ThatJerkDave said:

Sweden also has a population of 10.23 million.  Chicago metro has a population of 9.5 million. 

Sorry, let me rephrase: The entirety of the Europe, with most functioning under the umbrella of the EU, do a lot of other things to take care of their population that are too political to make happen here for some reason. Pretty obvious but I'll let everybody else figure out why.....

57 minutes ago, Joe said:

Did you drink a Puppers?....I mean the logo in your avi looks like the Puppers logo from Letterkenny...

Lol I've seen the first episode to that like 11 times and I can't move past it. Long story

Also it's an old NFL team. Providence Steam Roller. Great name. Great logo

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Norm said:

Lol I've seen the first episode to that like 11 times and I can't move past it. Long story

Also it's an old NFL team. Providence Steam Roller. Great name. Great logo

That's a Texas 10-4 good buddy...

Providence is an awesome place. I'm thinking about moving to Warwick(one of the 'burbs) once things re-open; it's right next to Cranston which is supposed to be the basis for Quahog in Family Guy. The kids would go to good schools, the cost of living isn't as bad as you would think, and the restaurants there are spectacular. Plus, you're right on the main Amtrak line so a train ride into Boston isn't all that long.

Edited by Joe
  • Like 1