Minor Niner News Twos: Electric Boogaloos

y2lamanaki

24 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Crazy how fast we went from one of the youngest teams to one of the oldest.

Difference is pretty low though. Adding someone like Mack shoots you average up already. We are one of the older rosters but our core is pretty young still. Oldest part is probably our O-line but i don't have a doubt that outside of Mack and Tomlinson(more to do with contract not being extended than anything anyone on there doesn't play for another 3/4 years at least. 

22 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Difference is pretty low though. Adding someone like Mack shoots you average up already. We are one of the older rosters but our core is pretty young still. Oldest part is probably our O-line but i don't have a doubt that outside of Mack and Tomlinson(more to do with contract not being extended than anything anyone on there doesn't play for another 3/4 years at least. 

Yeah, Mack/Williams are older but aside from that our core players are young. Verrett/Ward as well are 30 or around that age. 

24 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yeah, Mack/Williams are older but aside from that our core players are young. Verrett/Ward as well are 30 or around that age. 

Tartt is older to and Kittle is old for when he came in to the league. Then you have guys like Coleman, Benjamin, Sanu and Johnson who may or may not make the roster. And Ford is older too and offcourse a big question mark regarding his health. But the core on both sides is more about how we will be able to keep them money wise over them being old. Most of those guys can play for another 10 year barring injuries and the biggest question mark to me is how long will Kittle go before he gets injured even more often.

Most of our contributors are still young or in their prime (26-28). Only major 30+ contributors i can think of are Trent Williams, Alex Mack, Jimmie Ward (30 in July) and Robbie Gould 

There's a few other contributors in that 29/30 range like Mostert, Verrett, K'Waun Williams, and Tartt. But thats why we drafted Sermon/Mitchell, Thomas, and Lenoir. Tarvarious Moore may have a chance to unseat Tartt this season too.

Edited by 49ersfan

1 hour ago, 49erurtaza said:

Lol 😂 Grants reaction. This guys over the top.

Lol. What is the point of that? I really appreciated his reasoning as to why York is a joke; hey he sends out tweets, basically my way or the highway. Jed came out after the draft and basically said he didn't want to know who the pick was because last time he got too involved they had 4 coaches in 4 years. None of that makes any sense.  

I grew up watching Ed McCaffrey, Ricky Prohel, Chad Beebe, Asante Samuel, Patrick Surtain, Antoine Winfield Joe Horn etc etc

Wild to see all their sons in the NFL now....makes me feel old.  

Edited by 49ersfan

23 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

I grew up watching Ed McCaffrey, Ricky Prohel, Chad Beebe, Asante Samuel, Patrick Surtain, Antoine Winfield Joe Horn etc etc

Wild to see all their sons in the NFL now....makes me feel old.  

I believe Don is the Dad, Chad is the son?

Thanks, I am now having flashbacks of that MNF game where Beebe was touched down, but the refs failed to blow the whistle and he got up and ran for a TD. Green Bay won that game, partly due to that. It was one of the many reasons I wanted instant replay back. 

Oh how I hated the Pack in that era. The refs favored Favre and his crew often. 

• Like 1