TNF: Steelers at Browns

BleedTheClock

1 minute ago, Malfatron said:

Its sad because lost in all of this, the Browns have defeated the Steelers for the first time since Week 6, 2014 (Brian Hoyer was starting QB).

congrats to the Browns for turning the corner on this rivalry 

Yeah, they need to win more than one against the Steelers backup offense before it becomes a rivalry.

Just now, BlaqOptic said:

Then again, if everyone believes Garrett's actions are inexcusable and not justified then there's literally no reason to bring up the provocation. Since you know, the argument is that his actions are unjustifiable. By arguing provocation you're attempting to put some level of reasoning to his actions, literally counter to the definition of unjustifiable.

No, that's not how this works at all. 

The only way what you're describing exists is if you can only blame one party for any situation. 

1 minute ago, DannyB said:

Alright, if I'm going to ACTUALLY offer a boring real opinion...

Didn't look like a nut-shot from Rudolph. Looked like he was trying to shove Garrett away...you know, as Garrett was continually trying to come after him while he was on the ground. A still picture doesn't show a damn thing.

As far as coming after Garrett again after he ripped helmet off? I mean maybe he just wanted the thing back, it is HIS helmet, damn!

I dunno. I feel like everything Mason did is easily within the confines of that general "mixin' it up" stuff that wouldn't have meant anything in the long run, until Myles went psycho.

as we have seen this season with antonio brown, helmets are important 

5 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

back on topic for the game

The Browns had a 14+ point halftime lead for the 10th time since 2003 (fewest such games in NFL). CLE now has a 10-0 record in those games.

What can the Browns do more of to jump out to an early lead, and whats the reason that everyone thinks that the Browns are able to remain undefeated with a 14 point lead?

Or is it too small of a sample size?

lets discuss

Im not sure if this has been mentioned, but I read earlier that this is the first time the new-browns have beat both the Ravens and Steelers in the same season. 

1 minute ago, Malfatron said:

The Browns had a 14+ point halftime lead for the 10th time since 2003 (fewest such games in NFL). CLE now has a 10-0 record in those games.

What can the Browns do more of to jump out to an early lead, and whats the reason that everyone thinks that the Browns are able to remain undefeated with a 14 point lead?

lets discuss

We've been extremely lucky honestly as I'm surprised that trend was not broken this season alone. I'm not confident with any lead unless it's 20+ points with only half of the 4th to go; but, even then I wouldn't be 100% confident lol.

This team has under performed with the amount of talent it has and the improvement throughout the season has been minimal. My only hope is that we somehow find out a way to utilize OBJ...it's very disheartening when watching other teams get their super/star play makers the ball and we struggle to scheme ours. I was hoping getting Hunt back would help, but it's only helped with protecting Mayfield and not with getting other receivers outside of Landry open and/or on the same page as Mayfield.

2 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Its sad because lost in all of this, the Browns have defeated the Steelers for the first time since Week 6, 2014 (Brian Hoyer was starting QB).

congrats to the Browns for turning the corner on this rivalry 

Didn’t Kitchens say they hadn’t beat both Pitt and Bal in the same season since 1997?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DannyB said:

Alright, if I'm going to ACTUALLY offer a boring real opinion...

Didn't look like a nut-shot from Rudolph. Looked like he was trying to shove Garrett away...you know, as Garrett was continually trying to come after him while he was on the ground. A still picture doesn't show a damn thing.

As far as coming after Garrett again after he ripped helmet off? I mean maybe he just wanted the thing back, it is HIS helmet, damn!

I dunno. I feel like everything Mason did is easily within the confines of that general "mixin' it up" stuff that wouldn't have meant anything in the long run, until Myles went psycho.

Which I think is probably a fair take. But "don't start none, won't be none" is an old expression that can be seen at work here. 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Im not sure if this has been mentioned, but I read earlier that this is the first time the new-browns have beat both the Ravens and Steelers in the same season. 

Not surprising as this was the first time we beat the Steelers since 2014 lol

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

No, that's not how this works at all. 

The only way what you're describing exists is if you can only blame one party for any situation. 

Except it very much is. You're attributing a defense and even literally using words like warranted to justify his actions. It doesn't matter if it's a one party, two party of 99 party interaction. That's literally not how it works.

6 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

lets discuss

That's surprising to be honest. We could have a 20 point lead with a minute left in the game and even then I wouldn't feel all that comfortable.