TNF: Steelers at Browns

BleedTheClock

Hey guys! So, truth be told, I missed the last two minutes of this game, because I had some cookies in the oven, and you know how quickly they can burn. Can't have that!

But, I saw the vast majority of the game, and I think the most pressing issues to discuss are...

Cleveland's offensive line. Seems like a solid unit, might even be improving? What say you?

Steeler's defense. Did they get exposed a bit? Or did they do all they could given their offensive woes?

Mason Rudolph. Heard a lot of positive stuff about the job he's been doing over the past week on the radio, but tonight it looks like the bottom fell out. Hate to see a guy get the hook, but I wouldn't be surprised if next game we see him without a helmet on.

Cleveland's defense. The unit really showed up! Great job by the secondary, and the front 7 really put the pressure. Especially Myles Garrett! He plays angry, and goes hard after that quarterback! His career really looks to be in full swing!

• Like 4

The Browns online was bad tonight Baker was running for his life most of the game 

Steelers defense definitely fell victim to the offensive struggles, gave up a couple big plays but that defense is legit

Don’t who been saying positive things about Rudolph that boy is straight up trash Steelers should sign Kaepernick ASAP

Browns D played well but considering how awful Rudolph is not that impressive and as far as Myles goes he sure Rudolph a helluva beating tonight

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DannyB said:

Hey guys! So, truth be told, I missed the last two minutes of this game, because I had some cookies in the oven, and you know how quickly they can burn. Can't have that!

But, I saw the vast majority of the game, and I think the most pressing issues to discuss are...

Cleveland's offensive line. Seems like a solid unit, might even be improving? What say you?

Steeler's defense. Did they get exposed a bit? Or did they do all they could given their offensive woes?

Mason Rudolph. Heard a lot of positive stuff about the job he's been doing over the past week on the radio, but tonight it looks like the bottom fell out. Hate to see a guy get the hook, but I wouldn't be surprised if next game we see him without a helmet on.

Cleveland's defense. The unit really showed up! Great job by the secondary, and the front 7 really put the pressure. Especially Myles Garrett! He plays angry, and goes hard after that quarterback! His career really looks to be in full swing!

25 minutes ago, DawgX said:
30 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

Someone make this man a mod! He's trying so hard to keep this thread about the game/teams...

One thing you and I can agree with, haha.

Okay, now that im in the clear on that from being warned by webby the other thread, i can post more game stuff

Mason Rudolph was the first Steelers QB to throw 4 INT vs Browns since Cleveland re-entered the NFL in 1999. Is Mason the future, or is he the worst starting qb in 20 years (if he wins the job next year, because lets not count starters due to injury) Was Tommy Maddox better?

Gun to head, I would still go with mason because of rookie deal and he has upside

54 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Mason Rudolph was the first Steelers QB to throw 4 INT vs Browns since Cleveland re-entered the NFL in 1999. Is Mason the future, or is he the worst starting qb in 20 years (if he wins the job next year, because lets not count starters due to injury) Was Tommy Maddox better?

Gun to head, I would still go with mason because of rookie deal and he has upside

Mason is awful right now but he is young and could grow into a capable starter. The Steelers have won in spite of him and have been very fortunate that he hasn't turned it over more this season. I actually thought the 3rd stringer looked better or at least in command more in his limited action.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mastercheddaar said:

I'm so disappointed in what I saw from the Browns in those last few seconds of the game. It makes me sick. Kitchens just doesn't get it. Honestly just horrible coaching!

With 5 seconds left the Browns were easily in fieldgoal range... Shoulda kicked it! 

That is all

Mastercheddaar 

I didn’t like where this started, but I love where it ended up.  

Alright, alright.

- Pittsburgh's defense is back to looking like its old self. Watt is an absolute beast and continues to give us nightmares. With that said, our OTs suck and desperately need to be replaced. I knew their front seven would be a big problem. They were able to get after Baker AND they did a good job at keeping our Chubb contained.

- Baker played pretty well considering he was running for his life most of the game. Only made one really bad decision (the pass to OBJ I think was more of a miscommunication, but hard to say for sure). He dropped plenty of dimes though.

- Rudolph was awful. He's been kinda bad all season, but he was downright atrocious last night. At least before last night's game he did a good job at limiting turnovers. I'd honestly give Devlin Hodges a chance if I were Pittsburgh - their offense looked much smoother when he was in at QB, although it's a very small sample size.

Biggest difference in the game is that we were able to avoid turning the ball over and we were able to hit a couple of big plays through the air.