TNF: Steelers at Browns

BleedTheClock

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Which I think is probably a fair take. But "don't start none, won't be none" is an old expression that can be seen at work here. 

Okay, but players get into shoving matches ALL THE TIME. So anytime a guy flies off the handle, you can be like "well you were a little bit at fault because you kinda brushed him with your shoulder pad when you got up from the pile, and you didn't say sowwy".

If BOTH players constrained their actions only to the level of what Rudolph did, this whole thing would be a non-issue.

7 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Using a single frame is a poor argument. The video shows otherwise. 

And if we're going to be technical here, if someone's got hold of me by and is in the process of trying to yank me up by my facemask, I'm definitely going to try to either kick out or try to plant against something (preferably them) to try to gain separation.  I don't think Rudolph was aiming for his groin so much as just trying to get any kind of contact possible.  Don't get me wrong, I get the feeling Rudolph is a fake tough guy who probably went from "You want some, I'll give you some," to "Oh crap!  He's actually trying to rip my head off," to "Okay I'm on my feet again and I've got backup, I'm gonna keep this going" to "Hey ref!  WTH, he just swung a helmet at me?"  He's a bananahead.  Garrett's a bigger bananahead.  And Pouncey's a thug - which we already knew, but that's also part of what contributes to Garrett being a bigger bananahead.  You don't go postal on a guy who's primary protector is a guy who defended a literal murderer.

1 minute ago, BlaqOptic said:

Except it very much is. You're attributing a defense and even literally using words like warranted to justify his actions. It doesn't matter if it's a one party, two party of 99 party interaction. That's literally not how it works.

Who has used the word warranted?

Myles Garrett flipped **** and deserves whatever punishment he gets.

Mason Rudolph acting like an innocent victim is also full of **** and tried to start something because he got his ego bruised. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DannyB said:

Alright, if I'm going to ACTUALLY offer a boring real opinion...

Didn't look like a nut-shot from Rudolph. Looked like he was trying to shove Garrett away...you know, as Garrett was continually trying to come after him while he was on the ground. A still picture doesn't show a damn thing.

As far as coming after Garrett again after he ripped helmet off? I mean maybe he just wanted the thing back, it is HIS helmet, damn!

I dunno. I feel like everything Mason did is easily within the confines of that general "mixin' it up" stuff that wouldn't have meant anything in the long run, until Myles went psycho.

1000x This

A reaction like Garretts is NEVER going to be to a guy who is literally doing nothing. But there is a bounds to escalation, and Garrett went straight through it

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Who has used the word warranted?

Myles Garrett flipped **** and deserves whatever punishment he gets.

Mason Rudolph acting like an innocent victim is also full of **** and tried to start something because he got his ego bruised. 

yeah again you're just still trying to make it up that he started it and i see no one acting as if mason rudolph didn't participate in an altercation. 

Just now, BlaqOptic said:

There are literally people in this exact topic arguing he should only get 4 games.

Okay? Has anybody said if he only gets 6 they're done? I've seen, "if it's only 4 we riot"

Gronk got a single game for an intentional blow to the head of a downed player.

Haynesworth only got 5 for using his cleats to step on a guy's helmetless head.

4 games isn't anywhere near out of the realm of reasonability. 4 is a huge number of games for an incident that happened on the field. 

• Like 1