TNF: Steelers at Browns

BleedTheClock

I haven't gotten through the entire thread yet, but what is the general consensus on Rudolph? I feel like the guy just isn't cut out for the gig. I don't know if it's inexperience and pressure, the coaching and play calling, or what.

If I had to take a guess, it would be a weak offensive line and really bad judgement calls on plays. There were so many times where Mason was throwing to backs behind the line of scrimmage for a loss in yards, rather than the relatively open receiver downfield.

Edited by lolsurebro

Just now, lolsurebro said:

I haven't gotten through the entire thread yet, but what is the general consensus on Rudolph? I feel like the guy just isn't cut out for the gig. I don't know if it's inexperience and pressure, the coaching and play calling, or what.

I think his ceiling is a good back-up QB. He's not the future for the Steelers..I've seen enough

• Like 1

1 minute ago, August4th said:

I think his ceiling is a good back-up QB. He's not the future for the Steelers..I've seen enough

Do you regret trading that first for Minkah? I know he's been a stud for you guys, but this could have been a good year to grab your QB of the future.

Like I've said before, I think they should give Devlin Hodges a shot. He seemed to give the offense a bit more life.

3 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Good for NFL but pouncey got 3 games which is a joke.

Imo when a player intentionally tries to hurt another player like pouncey and Garret did, the penalties should be much harsher. Pouncey should get the rest of the season and Garret should get all of next year as well.

Both of them need to be on a one strike and you're out policy for the rest of their careers going forward.

3 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Like I've said before, I think they should give Devlin Hodges a shot. He seemed to give the offense a bit more life.

I kept saying this last night. The time he spent in the game Rudolph got knocked out in (pun intended) was immediately, noticeably better than the stuff I see Rudolph shoveling out.

I didn't watch any follow up after that game, so maybe I am extrapolating.

Edited by lolsurebro

Just now, DawgX said:

Do you regret trading that first for Minkah? I know he's been a stud for you guys, but this could have been a good year to grab your QB of the future.

not at all. We won enough games for that pick to not be top 5. love the trade

ben will be back next yr and we can always find a QB in another draft. I would not be against giving Hodges a shot if Mason plays like this again. We didn't invest a 1st into Mason, so I don't see why they should be "loyal" to him the way teams are to young 1st round QB who struggle

Just now, Art_Vandalay said:

Any discussion about Kitchens? The Browns already were the least disciplined team in the league, then this happens. Dude needs to go.

He has made some really head-scratcher calls this season, his team is up there leading in penalties, and the fiasco last night happened on top of all the injuries they put on PB. Certainly doesn't look good on him.