Myles Garrett suspended indefinitely

RaidersAreOne

19 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I'm pretty sure that the bright line standard here separating Garett's actions from everybody else's actions in this situation is that he used a weapon to strike another player and the other people did not.  There is absolutely no context that justifies that and it should never be tolerated.  It doesn't really matter that the weapon was already on the field to begin with.

Don’t you bring that logic into here!

18 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It’s at 1:22 in this video.

You either see it or you’re blind.

The fact that he couldn’t actually rip it off doesn’t earn him bonus points.

But the fact he didn’t use it as a weapon does. People try to rip helmets off all the time. You’re being facetious if you try to argue otherwise. Hence a fine is appropriate.

1 minute ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I could see how you would see that but I still don't think that was what was happening. If I was trying to take someone's helmet off I might, idk, grab the inside of it or the facemask ala Myles and not the slippery part. The left hand is clearly pushing off, and lowers to the shoulder, to try and get out. I think it was his point of leverage to wrestle out of the situation. 

Are you for or against applying what we think happened tho? Cause I know one thing for sure, Mason did not take off Myles' helmet. 

No one said he did, we said he tried to, which the video clearly shows.  It’s halfway off his head at 1:23 in that video.

His foot is directly on top of his pocket sausage.  Did he mean to?  Idk... but that’s what happened.

I’m not saying what Mason did was equal to Myles, it clearly wasn’t, but he was clearly an active participant who contributed to the issue on two separate occasions (immediately after the play and after DeCastro pulled Garrett off).

Mason wasn’t a victim.

• Like 1

Just now, BlaqOptic said:

But the fact he didn’t use it as a weapon does. People try to rip helmets off all the time. You’re being facetious if you try to argue otherwise. Hence a fine is appropriate.

1. Attempt to rip helmet off

2. Kick in the junk

3. Advance towards Garrett again after they’re separated.

He was clearly an instigator.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

1. Attempt to rip helmet off

2. Kick in the junk

3. Advance towards Garrett again after they’re separated.

He was clearly an instigator.  

Disagree.  Garrett didn't need to take him to the ground.  The game was over the ball was out the hit was late.  Way I saw it while watching the play live.  Refs didn't throw the flag OK but it was the end of the game in garbage time.  In my mind Garrett did instigate it by adding insult to injury.  It all escalated from there.  Rudolph will get a fine he is not innocent in all this.  Takes two to tango.  As far as Rudolph hitting him in the balls don't think that was intentional he was trying to kick him off.  Really didn't get him in the nuts anyway.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

As much as Mason Rudolph should get suspended I really wouldn’t want it to be more than one game. He is so bad I want him to be playing when we play them again

Rudolph did nothing to warrant a suspension.  A fine yes suspension no.  He was beyond terrible last night.  God awful.  The guy is not a good QB at least not yet.

Just now, Scoremore said:

Disagree.  Garrett didn't need to take him to the ground.  The game was over the ball was out the hit was late.  Way I saw it while watching the play live.  Refs didn't throw the flag OK but it was the end of the game in garbage time. 

That was clearly a football play and exactly what Garrett gets paid to do and for the refs to sort out, not for Mason to deal with himself.

In my mind Garrett did instigate it by adding insult to injury. 

You don’t get to retaliate because someone insults you.

It all escalated from there.  Rudolph will get a fine he is not innocent in all this.  Takes two to tango.  As far as Rudolph hitting him in the balls don't think that was intentional he was trying to kick him off. 

Back to assuming intent. 

Really didn't get him in the nuts anyway.  

Easy for you to say.

2 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

State of the Browns.

You Browns fans can talk yourselves into believing this was justified.. but no behavior warrants getting smacked in the dome with a helmet. 

Dude, a guy launching his entire body at full speed leading with his helmet only results in a fine and not a suspension.  

29 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Seems fair. The NFL shouldn’t leave this open too much longer. Decide on the exact length and any remaining fines by the end of the week and Move on. The worse thing they can do is let this drag through the rest of the year and into the offseason. 

27 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Which is exactly what they’re doing.

Dude, it's been less than 24 hours... If it gets to next Monday and the book isn't closed, then I think it would be appropriate to lambaste them for letting it drag.

Just now, Cheesehawk said:

You Browns fans can talk yourselves into believing this was justified.. but no behavior warrants getting smacked in the dome with a helmet. 

I don't think that's a fair representation, browns fans are just noting that it takes two to tango and both parties were tango-ing

• Like 1