Myles Garrett suspended indefinitely

RaidersAreOne

13 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

It’s amazing all the things that keep getting added. First it was the helmet. Then he allegedly kicked him in the buts. Now he threw a punch. All in the span of 8 seconds...

I can't confirm the other two as I haven't rewatched but the helmet one was blatantly obvious. You can't deny he tried taking off Garrett's helmet.

Overall, seems like fair punishment. I'd give Rudolph a big fine too and let it be.

Edited by Bullet Club

6 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Lol no. It would be very easy to take someone's helmet off from where Mason was. And he never even gets a hold of it. I think he was just trying to squirm his way out from underneath Myles, after Myles unnecessarily tried to slam him to the ground well after he got rid of the ball and then kept his hold while they were on the ground. And the helmet was the closest thing he could get some leverage to wiggle out since Myles was around his waist. There would be like 15 players a week suspended if you were gonna suspend Mason for what he did. The only thing he did was do the hold me back thing that happens every week multiple times.

He didn't "unnecessarily slam him" he tackled him just after he got rid of the ball. It's a common play in football.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, anything’s possible but it would surprise me personally.

I think they would want to make sure that no one forgets how much they care about player safety and send a message that it can't happen again.  It's a long offseason.

1 minute ago, Bullet Club said:

I can't confirm the other two as I haven't rewatched but the helmet one was blatantly obvious. You can't deny he tried taking off Garrett's helmet.

Overall, seems like fair punishment. I'd give Rudolph a big fine too and let it be.

Yes, he definitely did. But it’s like some people realize “he grabbed his helmet” doesn’t make smashing a guys brains in defensible. I’ll leave it at that. I could see Garrett getting a game or two in 2020 pending how remorseful he appears.

• Like 1