Weekly Bets Thread

BStanRamFan

5 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Really tough week. Potential for a lot of upsets. There aren't a bunch of spreads that stick out, but I really do like the Rams ML.

I'm tempted by the Giants ML, considering how utterly banged up the Niners are (or the spread +4 if you want to feel safer). I feel like they can steal a win at home. I'm also kind of tempted by the Titans -2.5; a line which seems weirdly low and baity considering how bad Minnesota has looked. Feels like a trap. 

I'm probably going to keep it simple this week and parlay ML favourites with LAR. I like the Chargers, Patriots and Seahawks all to take care of business at home. 

I wouldn't touch the giants. Niners offense will be fine with Mullens, he plays within the system and operates the offense. He gets the ball to where Kyle wants it to go, and Kyle is obviously one of the best in designing plays

We are without kittle, deebo, mostert, Coleman but Jordan reed is still a damn good TE, McKinnon has looked fantastic, and we have aiyuk playing in his second game. He flashed when he had the ball in his hands last week. He also has the deep speed to hit some big plays. I expect us to get the ball in his hands with screens, slants, and jet sweeps. Mullens will get him the ball 

Sounds like DJ Jones is going to play. Sounds like Hyder is going to play. Kinlaw has had some very nice plays. Arik armstead started slow but is heating up. Givens is off to a fantastic start. Giants OL is horrible. No bosa sucks obviously and no Dee Ford is not good, we are thin on the edge but can still generate pressure and we blitz more than people realize 

Our secondary is still very good with ward and tartt plus our two young corners are very talented. Fred Warner is one of the best LBs in the league. Kwon Alexander is bad at tackling but good in coverage, he had some takeaways last year and hasn't gotten one yet. I think it's only a matter of time 

Giants WRs might give us some problems, but I really think we will have our way with their defense 

We stayed east so the time zone change won't matter at all. 

We are just a different class of team than the giants. Don't overthink it. If it drops to three I'm going to absolutely pound it. 

I also like Atlanta, the over in the Dallas/Seattle game is a gimme. Green Bay feels right as well. 

Over in the Seattle Dallas game feels like it will win in the third quarter. Neither defense is very good. Cowboys secondary is bad and russ is on an absolute tear this year. 

5 hours ago, N4L said:

I wouldn't touch the giants. Niners offense will be fine with Mullens, he plays within the system and operates the offense. He gets the ball to where Kyle wants it to go, and Kyle is obviously one of the best in designing plays

We are without kittle, deebo, mostert, Coleman but Jordan reed is still a damn good TE, McKinnon has looked fantastic, and we have aiyuk playing in his second game. He flashed when he had the ball in his hands last week. He also has the deep speed to hit some big plays. I expect us to get the ball in his hands with screens, slants, and jet sweeps. Mullens will get him the ball 

Sounds like DJ Jones is going to play. Sounds like Hyder is going to play. Kinlaw has had some very nice plays. Arik armstead started slow but is heating up. Givens is off to a fantastic start. Giants OL is horrible. No bosa sucks obviously and no Dee Ford is not good, we are thin on the edge but can still generate pressure and we blitz more than people realize 

Our secondary is still very good with ward and tartt plus our two young corners are very talented. Fred Warner is one of the best LBs in the league. Kwon Alexander is bad at tackling but good in coverage, he had some takeaways last year and hasn't gotten one yet. I think it's only a matter of time 

Giants WRs might give us some problems, but I really think we will have our way with their defense 

We stayed east so the time zone change won't matter at all. 

We are just a different class of team than the giants. Don't overthink it. If it drops to three I'm going to absolutely pound it. 

I also like Atlanta, the over in the Dallas/Seattle game is a gimme. Green Bay feels right as well. 

Over in the Seattle Dallas game feels like it will win in the third quarter. Neither defense is very good. Cowboys secondary is bad and russ is on an absolute tear this year. 

Damn. I was all set on the Giants and you had to throw me off with your logic and such. 

I had the inkling that the Giants run defense paired with Danny Jones ability to keep the chains moving could keep things competitive. I don’t think the Giants are “Jets bad”. 

Probably best to avoid this game altogether then.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BayRaider said:

49ers buy half point -3.5 and Falcons buy half point -2.5 in a two team parlay is the best play of the week IMO. Niners will still beat up the Giants. I’ve been saying all off season Giants will be a Bottom 2 Team in the League and they are certainly delivering. 

I bought a point and a half to get the 49ers -2.5. Nominal wager and it's mostly just a gut feeling. More notably I added another Cardinals future, this time to win the NFC West at +360 or something.

3 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Damn. I was all set on the Giants and you had to throw me off with your logic and such. 

I had the inkling that the Giants run defense paired with Danny Jones ability to keep the chains moving could keep things competitive. I don’t think the Giants are “Jets bad”. 

Probably best to avoid this game altogether then.

Yeah, I'm not just saying this because it's my team. I was saying week 1 the cards money line was a great bet. There will definitely be other games when it makes more sense to bet against the niners. This is not one of those weeks though 

4 minutes ago, N4L said:

do you not like them -3?

With Lambo out, I didn’t wanna risk it. I’m not sure what our strategy is going to be with him being out. I don’t trust the new kicker we have. 

Im just hoping Jags/Colts/Chargers ML hits then I can hedge the Packers/Saints game, so I’ll be up regardless.

I have a terrible habit and I have been so bad at bankroll management over the last two years. I said screw it and placed a $75 bet on Tuesday and I have turned that $75 into $1,000. I get so greedy. So I’m sure I’ll blow that soon lol

• Like 1