Jump to content

Weekly Bets Thread


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, SBLIII said:

yeah but that was with Brees. The Saints don't have the weapons to put up huge numbers without turnovers from their defense.

Did you miss week 1? Winston isn't great but he's a veteran QB that has had huge games throughout his career. New England's defense has looked good but they've also played against Tua and Wilson.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Did you miss week 1? Winston isn't great but he's a veteran QB that has had huge games throughout his career. New England's defense has looked good but they've also played against Tua and Wilson.

I did not. The Packers didn't show up and the Saints had short fields. If you are asking a Winston led offense to put up 30 at NE it's a tall order.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SBLIII said:

I did not. The Packers didn't show up and the Saints had short fields. If you are asking a Winston led offense to put up 30 at NE it's a tall order.

I'm not but the Saints defense shut down Aaron Jones and held CMAC to 3 ypc. I think they'll be able to keep the Patriots run game in check and Mac Jones is 31st in the league in average depth of target so far this season. Rookie RB's Ty Johnson and Michael Carter had success running the ball behind a banged up Jets OL against the Patriots last week. 

Not expecting Winston to hang up 30 points but I do think they'll win the game. The Saints looked sluggish last week but they were without 7 coaches and I just don't see it happening back to back weeks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Since gambling is illegal in Texas and @MikeT14 wont let me venmo him to place bet on my behalf (joke), I had to find a local Eagles fan to make a wager with. 

Ive go 1U (+ extra) on this game 

 

Heyoo, look at me using the terminology 1u. Im a pro. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Matts4313 said:

Since gambling is illegal in Texas and @MikeT14 wont let me venmo him to place bet on my behalf (joke), I had to find a local Eagles fan to make a wager with. 

Ive go 1U (+ extra) on this game 

 

Heyoo, look at me using the terminology 1u. Im a pro. 

What's your unit size? 

mr-bean-wink.gif 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

What's your unit size? 

mr-bean-wink.gif 

Oh my. The irony here.... Your wink is much more spot on than you can imagine. Lets just say I made the bet with an old flame. 

Edited by Matts4313
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I'm not but the Saints defense shut down Aaron Jones and held CMAC to 3 ypc. I think they'll be able to keep the Patriots run game in check and Mac Jones is 31st in the league in average depth of target so far this season. Rookie RB's Ty Johnson and Michael Carter had success running the ball behind a banged up Jets OL against the Patriots last week. 

Not expecting Winston to hang up 30 points but I do think they'll win the game. The Saints looked sluggish last week but they were without 7 coaches and I just don't see it happening back to back weeks. 

I think they'll rebound in some ways, I do think you are losing that bet if you are betting on a Saints win though. This is easily the worst Saints offense in the Payton era and I'm not trusting their receivers to get open. Kamara needs to have a monster game for them to move the ball.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

I think they'll rebound in some ways, I do think you are losing that bet if you are betting on a Saints win though. This is easily the worst Saints offense in the Payton era and I'm not trusting their receivers to get open. Kamara needs to have a monster game for them to move the ball.

The Saints scored more points week 1 then the Dolphins and Jets have in 4 total games combined.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

and still are the 24th DVOA offense through 2 weeks.

Yet completely shut down Aaron Jones and held CMac to 3 ypc.  The Saints defense is good, they're only allowing 2.8 ypc through 2 games going up against 2 of the best RB's in the NFL. The Patriots were 0-3 last season when held under 100 yards rushing and average 177 ypg in wins/122 ypg in losses. New Orleans has only allowed 100+ rushing yards in 5/18 games.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

I don't want to derail this thread but.....

 

 

......they do? 

I'd say top 5, but I would really have to dive in more on other teams' safety duos. Not sure about the best, but it is really, really good when they are both on the field. Granted, that latter part is always tricky (especially with Tartt), and they don't create turnovers, but they really don't make a whole lot of mistakes. It's an unsexy but really steady duo on the field. They are a tandem that just gets all the little stuff right 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NYRaider said:

Yet completely shut down Aaron Jones and held CMac to 3 ypc.  The Saints defense is good, they're only allowing 2.8 ypc through 2 games going up against 2 of the best RB's in the NFL. The Patriots were 0-3 last season when held under 100 yards rushing and average 177 ypg in wins/122 ypg in losses. New Orleans has only allowed 100+ rushing yards in 5/18 games.

I'm not arguing their defense, it is good. Their offense isn't. There is a reason this is expected to be a real low scoring affair.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, N4L said:

The niners have a top 5 OL, a top 5 DL, good weapons, the best S duo in the league, the best LB in the league, and two really good coaches running the show on each side of the ball. 

Those who arent convinced the niners are a good team will be convinced in the coming weeks. Their best football is ahead of them. 

49ers didnt have a good first half against the eagles, but they got it together and asserted their dominance in the second half. I keep seeing that the lions played the niners "close" but it was 41-17 with 4 minutes left in the game. 

I would take umbrage with the offensive line comment. Top 5 offensive line in the run game maybe, but there is definitely not enough there in pass protection. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...