Weekly Bets Thread

BStanRamFan

11 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

It goes without saying that feedback is welcome, it's not meant to be written in stone lol.

2 weeks ago if you would have asked who the best players for the Eagles are, Brooks and Graham would have made the top 4. Both will miss the game. 

Last time we played the Eagles, we beat the breaks off of them. That game was without Dak. 

The Eagles have looked much better than I anticipated this season. But imo they are still going to be a sub 6 win team and the Cowboys will be a 10+ win team.  Any given sunday and all that - but we should beat them by at least a TD. 

Edited by Matts4313

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

It's a big spread to cover but it's one I'd be a little concerned about. Buffalo has only allowed 1 offensive TD in 2 games and just won 35-0 on the road while Josh Allen played pretty meh. Herbert and Jones were both able to have a ton of success moving the ball on their defense. 

BUF OL pass pro has been their weakest area.   The Chargers OL is really impressive.   WFT has the run game and Thomas to help stay away from the BUF secondary.  

Allen could be good enough to overcome that & cover the 9 pts  but in general that’s not a line I’d have expected 2 weeks ago.   I’d feel great about that line if Fitz was starting but as it is I’m comfortable with the points.  

Edited by Broncofan

10 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

The Eagles have looked much better than I anticipated this season. But imo they are still going to be a sub 6 win team and the Cowboys will be a 10+ win team.  Any given sunday and all that - but we should beat them by at least a TD. 

The Eagles offense looked sluggish last week but they pretty much completely shut down both the Falcons and the 49ers passing attacks. The 49ers defensive line was able to contain Jalen in the pocket with Bosa, Armstead, etc. Will be a good game, interested to see how the Cowboys counter his mobility. It's a toss up for me but I teased it so I have Philly +11.5, lol.

Just now, SmittyBacall said:

Anyone else find the ATL@NYG game total low at -48.5?

That game screams over to me. 

I think it will hit the over, Heneckie and Bridgewater both had field days against the Giants defense throwing the ball. And the Falcons defense has gotten torched in both of their games as well. The only concern I'd have is that we could also see vintage Daniel Jones return and Matt Ryan hasn't looked very good this year. 

11 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Eagles offense looked sluggish last week but they pretty much completely shut down both the Falcons and the 49ers passing attacks. The 49ers defensive line was able to contain Jalen in the pocket with Bosa, Armstead, etc. Will be a good game, interested to see how the Cowboys counter his mobility. It's a toss up for me but I teased it so I have Philly +11.5, lol.

Are we convinced the 9ers and Falcons are good teams? I watched the Falcons game and they were absolutely awful. I didnt see them this week. 9ers seem to be a tad overrated according to @Forge.

As for Hurts, we will probably play him the same way as last year - put a spy and dare him to throw it. 

Edited by Matts4313

8 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Are we convinced the 9ers and Falcons are good teams? I watched the Falcons game and they were absolutely awful. I didnt see them this week. 9ers seem to be a tad overrated according to @Forge.

As for Hurts, we will probably play him the same way as last year - put a spy and dare him to throw it. 

I personally think the Falcons are terrible and the 49ers are overrated but both teams still have solid weapons in the passing game with Ridley/Pitts and Samuel/Kittle. I'm sure Jerry World will be jumping for Dak's first game back with fans on MNF though. Huge game for both teams. 

38 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Niners are probably going to be a wc team, I think. Or at least a team very much in contention for one. Schedule outside of the division is kind of meh. There will be some very uninspiring games in there. Especially if the run game is struggling

8 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

The niners have a top 5 OL, a top 5 DL, good weapons, the best S duo in the league, the best LB in the league, and two really good coaches running the show on each side of the ball. 

Those who arent convinced the niners are a good team will be convinced in the coming weeks. Their best football is ahead of them. 

49ers didnt have a good first half against the eagles, but they got it together and asserted their dominance in the second half. I keep seeing that the lions played the niners "close" but it was 41-17 with 4 minutes left in the game. 

The 49ers look somewhat dangerous. Not convinced they are as good as 2019, in fact I'm certain they aren't, but they do look like a threat in the NFC. The trenches are stout and the overall star power is excellent.

I wish that line was 2.5 but at 3.5 I don't have enough confidence in Jimmy G even though the Packers defense looks bad and they usually struggle when facing adversity.

15 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Sean Payton has only been held to under 10 points 4 times as the Saints head coach. And in the games following they scored 31, 38, 33, 34. 

yeah but that was with Brees. The Saints don't have the weapons to put up huge numbers without turnovers from their defense.

15 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

The Falcons looked better this week but Tampa had a lot of self inflected wounds just like in week 1 so hard to tell how much better they actually are than they looked in week 1. Not convinced they are bottom 5 but bottom 10 for sure.

8 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

Tampa had a lot of self inflected wounds just like in week 1 so hard to tell how much better they actually are than they looked in week 1

To be fair, you could probably make this comment about any given team in any given week, right? That its hard to judge team X because team Y messed up.