Week 12 GDT - Green Bay Packers at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

37 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Both my Dad and my boss are Packers fans, so this is about as close as a must-win in my personal life as it gets. I don't want a crappy Monday, please win.

Your Dad and boss are good guys, and have excellent taste in football.

I hate the Cowboys and Vikings, dislike greatly the Seahawks and Rams, and not too keen on the Saints.  I'm neutral on you guys!

• Like 1

Just now, 15412 said:

Your Dad and boss are good guys, and have excellent taste in football.

I hate the Cowboys and Vikings, dislike greatly the Seahawks and Rams, and not too keen on the Saints.  I'm neutral on you guys!

Packers vs. Niners matchups have pretty much defined my childhood. My love for the Niners grew out of rooting against the Packers to give my Dad a hard time because they seemingly always played each other in the playoffs. Then, I realized how much I loved watching Steve Young, Jerry Rice, T.O., and co. play and it's been Niners all the way ever since. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 49ers2015 said:

I'm listening to Colin Cowherd now. 

He's saying that if the 49ers lose to GB and Seattle beats Philly, San Fran is a 5th seed. YIKES!!!!!

For a week at least....

Still ALOT of football left to be played. Playoff seeding is going to come down to week 17...no way around it.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

For a week at least....

Still ALOT of football left to be played. Playoff seeding is going to come down to week 17...no way around it.

If we win out to week 17 we can rest our starters and keep the bye week.  I dont see how we win out and I really dont want the 5th seed.

41 minutes ago, 49ers2015 said:

He's saying that if the 49ers lose to GB and Seattle beats Philly, San Fran is a 5th seed. YIKES!!!!!

And if 49ers beat GB and Seattle loses to Philly, we'll have a 2-game lead on a first round bye. Lots of the season left. 

I went through and picked the remaining games for the season, and I have us finishing in the 2nd seed to New Orleans, only because they have the easier schedule moving forward (which is tough not to do given that 5 of our last 6 games are against teams currently with a winning record, and 4 of 6 are against teams that are currently 8-2). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 49ers2015 said:

Well, if we don't win the division the best we can do is the 5th seed which makes sense.

55 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

To evade the y2 e-deathstare of multiple GDT at the top, I'm sticking this one here.. which if you follow through, shows u a nice succession of Shanny plays from last week's action..

On the crosser to Coleman, he slows down a tiny bit just before turning to look for the pass. The LB seems to bite on Coleman slowing down, which allows him to outrun the LB to the sideline. I wonder if that slowing down is just a happy accident or was designed into the play. Either way, I wouldn't be surprised.

• Like 1