GDT Week 12: Broncos@Bills

jolly red giant

20 minutes ago, jolly red giant said:

What I am looking for - can the Broncos prove John Elway right for passing on drafting Josh Allen.

Considering Chubb was the selection over Allen, are you expecting our Allen to outplay their Allen to prove your point ???  LOL

While it seems unlikely, there is a lot of momentum with this team, at least to make it another good game, perhaps even pull the upset.

55 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

Considering Chubb was the selection over Allen, are you expecting our Allen to outplay their Allen to prove your point ???  LOL

While it seems unlikely, there is a lot of momentum with this team, at least to make it another good game, perhaps even pull the upset.

Actually - what I want to see is the defence sacking Allen on multiple occasions, Allen being harassed on every pass play and the defence to get multiple picks thrown in for good measure.

• Like 1

Things to watch for:

1.  How does our run game fare without Janovich?   Not optimistic - and that's important, because BUF is soft vs. the run.   If we don't do well here, that's ominous for our ability going forward without Janovich.

2.  How does our pass pro hold up if our interior OL is banged up?  Our T's are a lost cause until at least James comes back (and more likely until we draft a capable LT), but with BOTH Risner & McGovern missing practice the last 2 days, best-case they're not 100 percent, worst-case either or both miss the game.  Ugly.

3.  Can anyone help Sutton out?   Fant is doing better, but this is a killer zone scheme that BUF's drawn up.  I can see Sutton still go for 6-100 because he's that good (but might need 12-15 targets lol).  But everyone else has big matchup problems vs. BUF's secondary.

4.  How good is our run D?  It's gone from bottom-3 before Fangio made the switch with Johnson/Purcell & Jackson moving to S full-time, to where it's a top 3 run D unit.   That will be tested big-time vs. BUF's run-heavy game.

5.  How much pressure / baiting can we get on Josh Allen?   Dude's an athletic freak, but still has placement/accuracy/read issues, so pressure and disguised coverage can help.

6.  Early 1 PM game - never good for us.

Honestly, I see this as a 24-14 type L, but if Sutton & co. can get some pass work going, and the D can force sacks & TO's, our team has been build on hanging tough.  Still don't see a W, but as before, hoping for progress with the young/cheap guys.

1 hour ago, champ11 said:

Josh Allen is a pretty nice fantasy QB, but to my knowledge his passing has been subpar and what most of us expected going into the draft 

Nope incorrect. He hasn't thrown an interception since week 4 and has progressed nicely this year. Check out the splits below with 2 less games played than in 2018.

2018 : 12 games, 52.8 Completion Percentage %, 2,074 yards, 6.5 avg completion, 10 TDs-12INTs, 67.9 rating, 8 rushing TDs

2019 : 10 games, 60.3 Completion Percentage %, 2,175 yards, 6.9 avg completion, 13 TDs-7INTs, 85.4 rating, 7 rushing TDs

20 total TDs to 7 INTs. Above 60% completion in year 2. For the most raw rookie from last years draft he's doing good and Bills fans are happy with him. 

3 hours ago, The BILLievers said:

Nope incorrect. He hasn't thrown an interception since week 4 and has progressed nicely this year. Check out the splits below with 2 less games played than in 2018.

2018 : 12 games, 52.8 Completion Percentage %, 2,074 yards, 6.5 avg completion, 10 TDs-12INTs, 67.9 rating, 8 rushing TDs

2019 : 10 games, 60.3 Completion Percentage %, 2,175 yards, 6.9 avg completion, 13 TDs-7INTs, 85.4 rating, 7 rushing TDs

20 total TDs to 7 INTs. Above 60% completion in year 2. For the most raw rookie from last years draft he's doing good and Bills fans are happy with him. 

I am a believer in Josh Allen and the Bills are my 2nd favorite team, but some of this post lacks context.

The Bills have played Miami twice, the Jets (and will play them again) the Giants, the Bengals, and the Redskins....

In games where he’s faced potential playoff teams (note this, only 2 on the season the Patriots and Eagles) he has a completion percentage of 47, averages 160 yards a game, and has thrown 2 TDs to 3 INTs.

Granted I’ve only watched him vs NE, but he had SERIOUS accuracy issues....nothing in his stats indicate that was an anomaly even against the worst teams in the NFL.

Edited by germ-x
  • Like 1

I wanted Denver draft Josh Allen, but after 22 games I consider it a good thing not to have done it.

Imprecise passes, poor pocket presence, tendency to run fast.
The stats show progress but as Germ-x said, easier when you play Miami, Washington, NYJ, NYG and Cincinnati. Today I prefer the prospect Drew Lock that Josh Allen the 2nd year.
A 7-3 Buffalo remains a big enigma. This team is not worth its balance sheet it is closer to 5-5.

His schedule and defense argues in his favor but I think Denver can largely compete with Sunday

Edited by French Fan
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, jsthomp2007 said:

I don't remember when the Broncos played well in Buffalo, even when they were good and Buffalo was bad. But those wings are for real so the trip is worth it. 

The last Denver QB winner in Buffalo was.......Jayyyyyyyy Cutler ! 15-14  9th Sept 2007 42 yds FG Jason Elam Time Expired

Jake Plummer won 28-17  17th Decembre 2005

John Elway won 23-20 OT 26th Octobre 1997

Denver lost in 2011 40-14 Tim Tebow) and 26-16 in 2017 (Trevor SIEMIAN)

13 hours ago, germ-x said:

I am a believer in Josh Allen and the Bills are my 2nd favorite team, but some of this post lacks context.

The Bills have played Miami twice, the Jets (and will play them again) the Giants, the Bengals, and the Redskins....

In games where he’s faced potential playoff teams (note this, only 2 on the season the Patriots and Eagles) he has a completion percentage of 47, averages 160 yards a game, and has thrown 2 TDs to 3 INTs.

Granted I’ve only watched him vs NE, but he had SERIOUS accuracy issues....nothing in his stats indicate that was an anomaly even against the worst teams in the NFL.

Clearly. FYI he is top 3 QB in most accuracy stats from 10-20 yards and the intermediate accuracy was his biggest question mark going into the season. 

Josh Allen is in a no win situation 24/7 because the media ate him up pre draft. and even after improving from year 1 to year 2 that's now only because he played "bad" teams. Well a bad QB looks like a bad QB no matter what and he's still doing that against 7 NFL teams. No chance I'd rather have Drew Lock over him lmao. 

Take away just the NE game and his season stats are very good. Pats have an elite elite secondary and BB knows how to gameplan for rookies. 

I guess we'll talk after sunday but here's to an injury free game. Both teams are very similar but Bills have the superior QB and play at home so ill go 20-14 Bills. 

• Like 1

QB spying is definitely an option against the Bills. You don't get punished for taking a man out of coverage/pass rush as much as you should because their receiving threats aren't at the level to really punish you. However, we don't really have the athletes at LB to do it, so I will be interested to see if we perhaps bring Will Parks in as a 3rd down LB on 3rd and 5+ to help with the spying.

I just want to see more development from our young guys. I thought our interior OL had a bounce back game of sorts last week, having struggled for a few weeks. Hopefully we see more of that, as well as Noah Fant showing his improved comfort level out there.