Monday Night Ravens @ Rams

rocky_rams

Who wins?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Ravens
    • Rams

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/27/2019 at 02:30 AM

8 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Lol. People are really, really stupid. Fire the coach?

8 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

He’s absolutely getting resigned. He’s the Ed Reed of cornerbacks with his ability to bait CBs into huge plays. And his style of play fits perfect here because like with the Chiefs when he was so dominant we have the safeties that can cover over the top on certain plays so that he knows when he can take gambles and when not to. We also have a lockdown corner on the other side of the field so that he doesn’t have to be the guy responsible for taking the opposing teams top WR often. Instead he can play his Jedi mind tricks on the QB with the WRs less equipped to make him pay. Within the Ravens scheme Peters has the potential to become a HOF, he’d be a fool to pass that up. Not sure how you could think Peters is a rental, but Ramsey is a foreseeable future guy. Just because Peters doesn’t have years left on his deal doesn’t mean that he’s a rental.

I wish you luck with that. I have a strong feeling that you aren't going to like Peters' effort much after he gets paid. Our frustrations with Peter's were not mainly due to him taking risks. It was his poor effort and allergy to contact.

6 hours ago, bertuzzi said:

Do the rams have the money for that?👀

Yes, but they shouldn't. 

The funny thing with Hurst is that basically even if you just switched where we had picked our TE's, so that Andrews was the 1st rounder and Hurst was the 3rd rounder, none of this would look THAT odd. We had a big need at the position and were simultaneously trying to make our team better in the immediate term as well as the future. And they were confident they could get Lamar at the very end of the 1st or even the beginning of the 2nd round. 

Still seemed like an unnecessary risk to take but then again they turned out to be right about how they'd be able to maneuver around the draft board so I can't hold it against them too much. 

I bet Hurst goes to another team in FA in a couple of years and actually does well as a TE1 in a traditional offense. He's a pretty good TE, it's just that Mark Andrews is a better receiver and Nick Boyle is a better blocker, so he gets lost in the shuffle of things here. I used to view it as a detriment (because I wasn't a fan of the pick then, and I'm honestly still not now) but now I just look at it as great coaching that we have 3 very very good TE's that play A LOT for this team.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I wish you luck with that. I have a strong feeling that you aren't going to like Peters' effort much after he gets paid. Our frustrations with Peter's were not mainly due to him taking risks. It was his poor effort and allergy to contact.

True. Contract year and all. But even then FTMP the rest of the defense does it’s job enough so that he’s not needed to be a physical tackler. Humphrey is probably the best run support corner in the league. So that’ll help. He's basically the new Winfield from back in the day. That and Earl should help to cover up Peters flaws. I say we give him a 4 year deal that’s incentive based, but pay him well. He’s an elite talent at what he excels at, you don’t rent that.

46 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

True. Contract year and all. But even then FTMP the rest of the defense does it’s job enough so that he’s not needed to be a physical tackler. Humphrey is probably the best run support corner in the league. So that’ll help. He's basically the new Winfield from back in the day. That and Earl should help to cover up Peters flaws. I say we give him a 4 year deal that’s incentive based, but pay him well. He’s an elite talent at what he excels at, you don’t rent that.

Ehhh,  both teams he has been on so far have loved him at first,  but he gets old after awhile.   I wouldn’t give him anything over 2 years.

• Like 1

McVay for sure has lost some of his shine.

And that Ramsey trade which didn't look good at the time looks even worse right now.

I know that guy will be elite for years but he will also cost a lot and it just seems like the Rams thought they would get this guy and no matter the price.

To give two first round picks and a 4th for a CB, a player who wanted to leave Jacksonville at all costs, I'm just not sure that Rams staff considered the possibility that they might not even be a contender this year. 

Just thinking of the Pats who got Gilmore as a free agent and the guy has probably played just as well as you could expect Ramsey to play moving forward. I know this rarely happens but I just don't think it's a smart move to give 2 first round picks and a 4th for a CB.

Edited by Buckweath

8 minutes ago, Buckweath said:

Just thinking of the Pats who got Gilmore as a free agent and the guy has probably played just as well as you could expect Ramsey to play moving forward. I know this rarely happens but I just don't think it's a smart move to give 2 first round picks and a 4th for a CB.

Elite NFL players are never hitting FA. For every Gilmore signing, there's 5-10 Trumaine Johnson contracts. You can be against the Ramsey trade but trying to find a Ramsey level player in FA is going to burn you way more often than not. 

• Like 1