Sign in to follow this  
pnies20

Fix the Browns

33 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

When we had run 9 total plays, 3 of which were runs.  Sample size is a thing.

Against a bottom 3 defense terrible against the run, in the first half we had 6 runs and 21 passes. That's the 1st half sample size.

That occurred in week 14; bye week review hay in the barn; 13 games in with Nick Chubb, Kareem Hunt, a hobbled OBJ, and terrible pass blocking OLine.

For me, as much as I have fun entertaining myself on the forum I really really don't want to be doom and gloom about Freddie b/c I know changing coaches will set us back some at a critical time, but it's really hard to come up with defensible answers for so many of our approaches.

33 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I also reminder people complaining about him when he was here as well, but that’s neither here nor there.

Those people were idiots and didn't know what was going on.

Edited by Mind Character

3 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Against a bottom 3 defense terrible against the run, in the first half we had 6 runs and 21 passes. That's the 1st half sample size.

That occurred in week 14; bye week review hay in the barn; 13 games in.

There were a number of 2nd/3rd and long plays in there as well though where running it isn’t expected or reasonable.

Not saying he was doing great, just that the numbers are somewhat misleading.

It got fixed/evened out by the end of the game.

For me, as much as I have fun entertaining myself on the forum I really really don't want to be doom and gloom about Freddie b/c I know changing coaches will set us back some at a critical time, but it's really hard to come up with defensible answers for so many of our approaches.

I don’t disagree.

Those people were idiots and didn't know what was going on.

Emotions make smart people looks stupid.

...5 minutes to go and we are throwing the ball. Baker is trying to hit Landry deep while Hunt is wide open for the 1st down. Previous drive we call all go's on a 3rd and 3 except for one route to Carson that was telegraphed...

These are the same things from early in the season. Some of it is Baker. Some Freddie. Both do some very good things as well.

The egos of this team though seem to have overtaken everything. OBJ/Landry running the show with their antics and media. Baker acting like a leader but isn't one with his performance and work ethic. Freddie not holding these 3 accountable to the rest of the team. 

There's no true leader. Chubb with his play but he's not vocal. Myles was before the incident. Landry and OBJ are divas. 

Baker needs to take the reins over Landry/OBJ and control this team, but he hasn't even taken advantage of the opportunity to improve his own game. We'll see if he is just another Manziel. 

The past week Kendall Lamm was an improvement over Chris Hubbard and our OLine held up really well but still the offense couldn't flow

The past week Kendall Lamm was an improvement over Chris Hubbard and our OLine held up really well but still the offense couldn't flow

The passing game couldn’t flow.

The offense was ok and the run game was fine.

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The passing game couldn’t flow.

The offense was ok and the run game was fine.

Indeed. imo it takes the passing for the offense to flow.