Dogs

D82

The mailman dropped off a package intended for a neighbor. With a huge bottle of horse joint pills inside.

So the Golden tears through the package and eats up all the pills. Call the vets and they say, "Oh, just dump some peroxide down her throat. Shell be alright."

That was a fun chore...

10 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

The mailman dropped off a package intended for a neighbor. With a huge bottle of horse joint pills inside.

So the Golden tears through the package and eats up all the pills. Call the vets and they say, "Oh, just dump some peroxide down her throat. Shell be alright."

That was a fun chore...

We've had to do that a few times for our lab mix. Does the job the majority of the time. 

3 hours ago, JonStark said:

We've had to do that a few times for our lab mix. Does the job the majority of the time. 

Worked like a charm. They all came up whole pills.

Terrifying experience though. Last thing I needed was the kids coming home from school like, "Whats with that fresh mound of dirt? And wheres my dog?" lol

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

^ that pup already has the all-knowing look at only a few weeks old.
Gonna be a great dog, congrats.

Appreciate it. Her mom is a chocolate lab that hunts bears and her dad is a collie/German Shepard that guards sheep. This puppy already follows my heels and sits and watches me when I’m working. She’s gonna be easy to train, I can already tell.

13 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Congrats Dome.

And condolences for that football.  (Lost mine same way.)

She claimed it quickly. No way I could say no.

IMG_0674.jpg

Edited by Dome
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

We just went through that with our 4 month old Akita. Two courses of antibiotics cleared it up.

I've been prolonging putting her on a cranberry supplement to help prevent this from happening...but got her started on one now, so hopefully we won't have a reoccurrence anytime soon.

11 hours ago, D82 said:

I've been prolonging putting her on a cranberry supplement to help prevent this from happening...but got her started on one now, so hopefully we won't have a reoccurrence anytime soon.

I've been using a cranberry supplement on my lab mix for a long time now and it seems to do the job. She still pees about 50 times on a walk, but hasn't had any other issues with it otherwise.