Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

11 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

I've read that Lions wanted Dan Campbell for their HC position. 

That just leaves Eagles & Texans. Gota think they're waiting for coaches currently in the playoffs. I'll guess Daboll for Eagles & Bienemy for Texans. Hiring Bienemy may be the only way the Texans make Watson happy

No reason for Daboll to take the Eagles job. These two jobs are a mess and Daboll will be a hot commodity next season like Saleh was this year. He needs to be patient, his shot will come soon. 

11 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

No reason for Daboll to take the Eagles job. These two jobs are a mess and Daboll will be a hot commodity next season like Saleh was this year. He needs to be patient, his shot will come soon. 

Yeah if i had options i wouldn't take the Eagles job either. 

1 minute ago, 49ersfan said:

Yeah if i had options i wouldn't take the Eagles job either. 

Looks like Josh McDaniels is a serious contender for the job and it is just hilarious to me that he had the Colts job that he backed out of and will possibly end up taking this job. Terrible mistake. 

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Looks like Josh McDaniels is a serious contender for the job and it is just hilarious to me that he had the Colts job that he backed out of and will possibly end up taking this job. Terrible mistake. 

He's playing the long game. Next year Howie gets canned, Mcdaniels seizes all the power

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

He's playing the long game. Next year Howie gets canned, Mcdaniels seizes all the power

And if his stint here fails, he's pretty much done as a HC in the league. The Colts job is very good and he should have just taken it. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Forge said:

The only destination that has been rumored to be okay is Miami so far, so reasonable to assume that's his preferred destination. Especially since that has come up in multiple separate reports. I'm sure there are others he's okay with, but they haven't been reported as such. We'd probably fit into that group, but I doubt we have the assets / willingness to part with what it would take

I get that its his preferred destination, I am asking why? 

I dont think watson is looking at the assets each team has and how feasible a trade actually would be, at least I wouldnt. He wants to go where he wants to spend the next 5+ years of his life

Miami does sound like a pretty friggen good place to be a 25 year old multi multi millionaire. They have a good team with a good coach etc etc. No state taxes. So I get it.

I was thinking that California plus a good HC with a bunch of weapons would be nice. Maybe hes looking at our OL and thinking he will get hit too much? Maybe he doesnt think kyle ever really scouted him in the draft?? Maybe RG3/Kaepernick told him that kyle doesnt like black qbs????? 

I would have thought that he would have listed a few teams that he would be interested in going to just to increase his chances of actually getting traded, but he has decided to leak that the only place he wants to go is Miami. Maybe he doesnt want to muddy the water and knows they have the ammo. So it is circular logic, the only place he wants to go is a place he knows he can actually get. kudos to him then, hope he makes it there and stays in FL. 

Here is the other issue I have with this (imminent) trade between miami and houston, I really dont know if they will want tua back. So if the texans trade away watson for something that includes #3 and dont also get Tua, then we basically know that 2 QBs are getting taken in the first 3 picks. suddenly the Jets draft pick becomes uber valuable and we may feel the heat to trade up. getting up to #2 would be very expensive and they KNOW it would be for a QB and make us pay through the nose for it. 

So not only are we not about to get watson, but its going to cause a chain of events that makes us miss out on wilson/fields... ugh. unless the texans are convinced that Tua would be the guy and were willing to pass on the other QBs for him... which, I dont see it.

9 hours ago, Justone2 said:

The no-trade clause is nice on paper but its no longer BOB running the show where you could get him for Richburg and Dee Ford.

Feels like a damn shame that BOB was fired before we could trade with him. Clowney to seattle for a 3rd and the HOU paid half his salary, cardinals get hopkins, rams get brandin cooks contract off of their books, BOB gets fired and the niners get the shaft.  Thanks bill!! I hope you never get another NFL job, and I hope you get in a fight with alabama fans who hate your playcalls lol Bill O'Brien Went Ballistic On Heckler During Broncos Game, 'Motherf***er!' | TMZ Sports - YouTube 

Edited by N4L

10 minutes ago, N4L said:

I get that its his preferred destination, I am asking why? 

I don't think about it since it doesn't really matter. He's from the southeast, so there's that connection (he's from GA). Could be that as you said, Miami is just an awesome place with no state tax. 

I don't want to get into this aspect too much, but another poster brought up that watson has been into racial progress and racial issues and he may have a desire to work with a minority head coach. Seems short sighted with regards to his nfl career, but if it's something that really does have some pull, that also works for Miami. 

But it's also just an assumption that it's his preference. Its reasonable, but in no way guaranteed to be right. Could be as simple as someone reaching out to Watson's camp and asking how he felt about Miami just because the dolphins made the most sense. 

18 minutes ago, N4L said:

Here is the other issue I have with this (imminent) trade between miami and houston, I really dont know if they will want tua back. 

Tua really isn't the key piece, so not really a big deal. The key piece is #3, most likely. Swap out tua for another first or second and it works just as well. 

Unless you mean it's a problem for the niners. 

16 minutes ago, Forge said:

Unless you mean it's a problem for the niners. 

Yes, that is what I meant. That deal can get done with/without him, but if they dont look at Tua as a franchise QB, then they will undoubtedly take a QB at #3, which greatly decreases the chances the third QB falls to a range we can really afford to trade up to.

It will be compounding as well, because the watson trade would happen well before the draft, which means all of these teams will know there is only 1 QB left, and it will drive the price up. Whereas if someone traded up for a QB into the top 3 on draft day, the rest of the league would be scrambling a bit just because there is only like 10m between picks - not to mention that whomever traded up in this scenario would also be one of the other teams we would be fighting for wilson/fields, so that would only increase the price of a trade up as well because it adds another team to the mix

Not trading for watson is going to screw us over twice lol  

Cal McNair's name has been dragged through the mud recently. I can only imagine a man who inherited billions being ticked off about that lol He may not be so obliged to grant watson his preferred destination. Even so, why on earth would they trade him here? Everyone knows he would be a winner here and we can't make the best offer. So, Im going to get this thought out of my head before my balls get anymore blue lol 

Kyle already traded for a disgruntled star player from his former employer. Lightning doesnt strike twice lol 

Edited by N4L

41 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

The Panthers make a ton of sense. Bridgewater is good enough to get them to average, but not much more than that. You look at teams like the Panthers and Washington, where they have some things in place to be a viable team, but no QB at the helm. 

If the Saints had the cap space, I could definitely see them taking a swing at Watson as well.