Week 14 GDT: Packers vs Washington Redskins

squire12

To be fair to all of us, even the beat writers were struggling to come up with questions at MLFs Friday presser.  2019 Packers seems to almost certainly be exactly who we think they are:  definitely better than the rabble, but also clearly not a top tier team. And they are playing a generally-accepted-to-be terrible team.  There really isn't much to say except losing this game would be a disaster.

1 hour ago, Norm said:

Still waiting for all that super serious football discussion we were interrupting to take place.

I guess I"m in the position where I'm not trying to set my sights too high for this team. We make the playoffs, but I'm guessing one and done. I just don't see the defense being able to stop good offenses. I had high hopes after the first few weeks, but again, they've disappointed once again. 

Love it if we could suddenly cover people and quit giving up big plays. It would be a bonus if we suddenly became stout against the run, which we can be but it requires more big guys on the field than Pettine wants to put out three. 

Offensively, it's a lot more simple. Can Bulaga stay healthy? Will Rodgers throw to the guy that is open in his progressions. He's either missing too many open guys or is just ignoring them because he refuses to throw to them. Not sure which one it is but the first one makes him an ***. The second one makes him a 36 year old QB in serious decline. The first one is potentially fixable, the second, not so much. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

To be fair to all of us, even the beat writers were struggling to come up with questions at MLFs Friday presser.  2019 Packers seems to almost certainly be exactly who we think they are:  definitely better than the rabble, but also clearly not a top tier team. And they are playing a generally-accepted-to-be terrible team.  There really isn't much to say except losing this game would be a disaster.

Agreed. I really have zero thoughts about the Washington Redskins except like you said, don't lose to them.

35 minutes ago, Golfman said:

I guess I"m in the position where I'm not trying to set my sights too high for this team. We make the playoffs, but I'm guessing one and done. I just don't see the defense being able to stop good offenses. I had high hopes after the first few weeks, but again, they've disappointed once again. 

Love it if we could suddenly cover people and quit giving up big plays. It would be a bonus if we suddenly became stout against the run, which we can be but it requires more big guys on the field than Pettine wants to put out three. 

Offensively, it's a lot more simple. Can Bulaga stay healthy? Will Rodgers throw to the guy that is open in his progressions. He's either missing too many open guys or is just ignoring them because he refuses to throw to them. Not sure which one it is but the first one makes him an ***. The second one makes him a 36 year old QB in serious decline. The first one is potentially fixable, the second, not so much. 

I think this defense has potential to stop good offenses, our offense themselves needs to help them though by keeping them off the field. As seen with the Chargers/49ers game where we actually held them for a bit, but eventually the more shots the opposing offense got they took advantage of a tired D. The main thing that concerns me is if they get pressure on Aaron all game we pretty much lose. Besides that we just need to get Aaron Jones going again and keep creating turnovers on D and we can make a pretty good push once we get in. Not sure if this team is NFC Championship Quality yet, but i think we can squeeze out 1-2 if we play up to our potential on both sides of the ball.

1 hour ago, Gopackgonerd said:

I think this defense has potential to stop good offenses, our offense themselves needs to help them though by keeping them off the field. As seen with the Chargers/49ers game where we actually held them for a bit, but eventually the more shots the opposing offense got they took advantage of a tired D. The main thing that concerns me is if they get pressure on Aaron all game we pretty much lose. Besides that we just need to get Aaron Jones going again and keep creating turnovers on D and we can make a pretty good push once we get in. Not sure if this team is NFC Championship Quality yet, but i think we can squeeze out 1-2 if we play up to our potential on both sides of the ball.

I think that is the problem right there. We are talking about potential in game 13. Potential should at least be starting to be realized at this point in the season. 

18 hours ago, Norm said:

More off topic.

Remember there was a guy pretending to be some Vikings ST player on FF years and years ago? Who was that, anyone remember?

we will never forget Kenny Ontalu

top 5 legend on this forum 

does anyone remember that ILB from VT that was always in the draft forum posting his highlights and hyping himself up? he had like his combine picture as the avi and his name as the username? us saying it was him and then him vehemently denying it and claiming to just be a "big fan" for absolutely no reason was some of the hardest laughs i've had on FF. Some of the thread titles he created I remember were like "what possible weaknesses do you on (his names) tape?" and then everyone **** on the film lmao. and then like "most underrated prospect in the draft: (his name)" and then someone was like "i'd draft you" and for some reason he got pissed and was like I'm just looking for discussion on the prospect. 

i remember the dude wound up in some teams camp for training camp and then got released and didn't stick on any practice squads. 

• Like 1

Just now, FinneasGage said:
18 hours ago, Norm said:

More off topic.

Remember there was a guy pretending to be some Vikings ST player on FF years and years ago? Who was that, anyone remember?

we will never forget Kenny Ontalu

do you remember this @Adrenaline_Flux ? for some reason i recall you having numerous gems involving our good pal Kenny, but it might've been Sabo 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Golfman said:

I think that is the problem right there. We are talking about potential in game 13. Potential should at least be starting to be realized at this point in the season. 

Agreed.   However,  you could say that about a number of players on the Packer squad too.

16 hours ago, Norm said:

Still waiting for all that super serious football discussion we were interrupting to take place.

I don't think we have to be super serious all the time. But we should be respectful of each other all the time. We all come to this board with different and various knowledge of football, and different life experiences. Some of us are young; some of us are old. Some of us are men; some of us are women. But the one thing we all have in common is that we are all fans of the Green Bay Packers. We come here to share our ideas and to hear the ideas of others. It's OK to disagree and to argue, but it's not OK to insult and demean other posters. (I'm NOT accusing you, Norm!) No one is going to share their ideas here if they are insulted and made to feel stupid by  some other poster who happens to disagree with their idea. We're all Packer fans. We're all on the same team. Let's act like it. Go Pack Go! 

• Like 2

Cheesehead TV - Today’s Lambeau Field weather forecast provided by NOAA

Mostly cloudy High temperature 40F. 39F at Kickoff.
Windchill hovering around 32F.
Southwest wind 11 to 16 mph decreasing to 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
Winds could gust as high as 28 mph.

//////////////////

No Polar Vortex today :)

13 hours ago, Golfman said:

We are 9-3, I think most of the potential has been realised. We are where we are. The defence is good in phases but there are deficiencies that will cost us in likelihood. Offensively we are decent against average teams but good teams should be able to neutralise our offense. Prioritise on keeping Jones in check and put your best guys on Adams and teams should be able to stop us. 

Our 'level' is maybe winning the wildcard round and then probably going out in the divisional stage.  You never know though - always a chance when you get there.