2020 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

20 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

If we're starting player discussions, Bengals are willing to trade any players or draft picks (but the top pick would be very expensive).  Bengals are looking for O-line upgrades and LBs. Also willing to trade for players at other positions. Anyone interested in the fabled Andy Dalton? He's the definition of middling but that's better than a lot of starters around the league.

How expensive?

2 hours ago, ny92mike said:

I sent of few of you guys messages asking for help but just decided to post this message tagging some of the new guys along with a couple veterans to help me run a test on the private workbooks.

I'd like to get you guys these workbooks today and complete the test by friday.

@MikeT14 @YogiBiz @PR @Jlash @Techbert @rackcs @BowserBroncos

Also, @samsel23 if you could be a part of this since you are familiar with what to expect.

Thanks guys.

Finished With the workbooks will message them to you guys in about an hour.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ny92mike said:

I sent of few of you guys messages asking for help but just decided to post this message tagging some of the new guys along with a couple veterans to help me run a test on the private workbooks.

I'd like to get you guys these workbooks today and complete the test by friday.

@MikeT14 @YogiBiz @PR @Jlash @Techbert @rackcs

Also, @samsel23 if you could be a part of this since you are familiar with what to expect.

Thanks guys.

Edit nvm just saw your post above. 

Edited by MikeT14

@MikeT14 @YogiBiz @PR @Jlash @Techbert @rackcs @BowserBroncos @samsel23

Alright guys I've just sent you guys two workbooks...Team Roster and FA transaction workbooks.

Lot of stuff to look at.  What I've tried to do is color code the cells in light blue or light yellow that are set up for you to be able to edit.  So for example in the team roster workbook; looking at the 2020 sheet, you can use the drop down cells in  columns G & H to change the status from Active to Release and it will adjust the cap automatically.  

As you go through the different sheets in that workbook you'll see that you can create depth chart, restructure and extend contracts, create trade blocks, scout the draft prospects with most of this information being linked to the master workbooks so you aren't having to update this stuff yourself.

The fa transaction workbook is loaded with information much like the team roster workbook.  Using the same color coding this workbook allows you to create contract offers for free agents, apply tags etc. to give you up to date cap information.  

I've created a contract in the first free agent sheet so you will have an idea of what to do, also note that there is a how to video on how to navigate through these workbooks...Its a few years old but the basic idea is still there...give it a watch as I think it would help you guys out.

Give this stuff a run through and post any questions you might have.

Edited by ny92mike
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Alright guys I've just sent you guys two workbooks...Team Roster and FA transaction workbooks.

Lot of stuff to look at.  What I've tried to do is color code the cells in light blue or light yellow that are set up for you to be able to edit.  So for example in the team roster workbook; looking at the 2020 sheet, you can use the drop down cells in  columns G & H to change the status from Active to Release and it will adjust the cap automatically.  

As you go through the different sheets in that workbook you'll see that you can create depth chart, restructure and extend contracts, create trade blocks, scout the draft prospects with most of this information being linked to the master workbooks so you aren't having to update this stuff yourself.

The fa transaction workbook is loaded with information much like the team roster workbook.  Using the same color coding this workbook allows you to create contract offers for free agents, apply tags etc. to give you up to date cap information.  

I've created a contract in the first free agent sheet so you will have an idea of what to do, also note that there is a how to video on how to navigate through these workbooks...Its a few years old but the basic idea is still there...give it a watch as I think it would help you guys out.

Also, if you guys have any recommendations for scouting free agents and draftees as a group please let me know.

@ny92mike I'm starting to give a look on the workbook and one thing poped to my eyes right away. How did you calculate the cap space? OTC say Denver will have $61,947,764 in space. Spotrac give us $60,367,518. My workbook shows $37,416,852, the difference is quite big.

Anyway I'll continue to give it a look. I'll post if I see anything else.

Edited by BowserBroncos

10 minutes ago, BowserBroncos said:

@ny92mike I'm starting to give a look on the workbook and one thing poped to my eyes right away. How did you calculate the cap space? OTC say Denver will have $61,947,764 in space. Spotrac give us $60,367,518. My workbook shows $37,416,852, the difference is quite big.

Anyway I'll continue to give it a look. I'll post if I see anything else.

Check the free agency bids...I put a Tannahill bid in as an example...Might be the case if not let me know.

• Like 1

Just now, BowserBroncos said:

Yeah. It was that. thanks. 

Without Tannehill bid my cap went to almost 58.5M

Cool...I'm also going to do one last cap adjustment after this weekend.  This one will be adjusting carryover and dead money...So it might change a little bit after that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ny92mike said:

Cool...I'm also going to do one last cap adjustment after this weekend.  This one will be adjusting carryover and dead money...So it might change a little bit after that.

Great.

you add that this year? I think last year workbook didn't do that (calculate the cap in your roster workbook with the bid - only in the bid sheet). I think this is a nice addition to it.

• Like 1

To touch on what @BowserBroncos mentioned about his cap.  This year, I've set it up so that when you have pending free agent, erfa, rfa, tender offer sheets contracts these will automatically get included to both the official and private team rosters (2020 and 2021) as part of the top 51 available cap.

In addition to that the estimated rookie pool is included in the cap.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ny92mike said:

The silence is concerning.