2020 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

@ny92mike  I am out in Colorado skiing Friday through next week Tuesday.   I will be back Wednesday and can try to find some time to test things if you need someone then.   

You trying to make me jealous...if so it's working, sounds like an awesome time.  Appreciate it, I'd like to get the new guys tbh, think it would help them out tremendously but I'm looking to get this done by friday so worst case I might hit you up....SO JEALOUS....break a leg...haha. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ny92mike said:

I'm also wanting to get about 6 of you guys to test the FA transaction workbook by making some false contracts.  New guys this would be a great opportunity for you to get familiar with the workbooks we'll be using.

Count me in for that please.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ny92mike said:

Pending the Bears GM getting approved, which I believe is a done deal...We are at capacity.

He just told me it still show waiting approval when he try to log in FF. I think the best option that we have to not delay things because of this problem is to give the Bears to @BringinDaPain and put @FRock24 as my Asst. GM. I'll explain the workbooks for him in person and make the decisions with him.

Next year he can pick up a team by himself. It helped me a lot when I was @squire12 Asst. GM the first year I did this. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BowserBroncos said:

He just told me it still show waiting approval when he try to log in FF. I think the best option that we have to not delay things because of this problem is to give the Bears to @BringinDaPain and put @FRock24 as my Asst. GM. I'll explain the workbooks for him in person and make the decisions with him.

Next year he can pick up a team by himself. It helped me a lot when I was @squire12 Asst. GM the first year I did this. 

Okay...really sorry about this.  

@BringinDaPain you good with being the bears GM?

Jaguars open to trading a number of pieces (essentially anyone with a cap hit over 4mil that isn't Andrew Norwell, Myles Jack, Josh Allen, or Linder). Need to make cap space and likely aren't looking to move a tremendous number of these players, but willing to hear offers on any of the others.

15 hours ago, ny92mike said:

What I've done with that is once you tag a player, the contract amount hits your cap.  You must wait until the tender offer sheet phase has concluded before you are allowed to trade a tagged or tendered player.  This keeps that guaranteed dollar amount on your roster for about a week, making it a risky move because things happen that could result in a potential agreed upon trade early on not happening after waiting a week.  With the tender offer sheet concluding after the first round of bidding things change pretty quick.

I'm hoping that this detours teams from doing this a lot but still allows the team the control to do it, if they must.

Is there a minimum trade value?

I sent of few of you guys messages asking for help but just decided to post this message tagging some of the new guys along with a couple veterans to help me run a test on the private workbooks.

I'd like to get you guys these workbooks today and complete the test by friday.

@MikeT14 @YogiBiz @PR @Jlash @Techbert @rackcs

Also, @samsel23 if you could be a part of this since you are familiar with what to expect.

Thanks guys.

Edited by ny92mike
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

I sent of few of you guys messages asking for help but just decided to post tagging you some of the new guys along with a couple veterans to help me run a test on the private workbooks.

Also, @samsel23 if you could be a part of this since you are familiar with what to expect.

Thanks guys.

if someone can't do it. I'm up for it. I'm having a very very slow week at work.

Edited by BowserBroncos

1 minute ago, rackcs said:

Don't know what I'd need to do but sure

Basically...I'm looking for you guys to create some mock contracts for free agents and review the workbooks by using the different sheets to make sure things are working like they should.  I'll use the first bid slot as an example so you can see how it works.

The reason why I'm doing this is if we find formula issues, it's easier to fix a couple of them before making copies for all 32 teams.

3 hours ago, Trojan said:

Jaguars open to trading a number of pieces (essentially anyone with a cap hit over 4mil that isn't Andrew Norwell, Myles Jack, Josh Allen, or Linder). Need to make cap space and likely aren't looking to move a tremendous number of these players, but willing to hear offers on any of the others.

If we're starting player discussions, Bengals are willing to trade any players or draft picks (but the top pick would be very expensive).  Bengals are looking for O-line upgrades and LBs. Also willing to trade for players at other positions. Anyone interested in the fabled Andy Dalton? He's the definition of middling but that's better than a lot of starters around the league.

59 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

I sent of few of you guys messages asking for help but just decided to post this message tagging some of the new guys along with a couple veterans to help me run a test on the private workbooks.

Thanks guys.

Sorry boss, I am happy to test workbooks or any other doc