2020 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

51 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Messing with the depth chart. Every time I add someone a red tab comes up and says "invalid" input must fall within specified range. 

Extension contract sheet lists something about greater than cell F11 but that is a blank cell. 

On the depth chart its set up so that once you plug in a name that name doesnt reappear in the drop down list again.  Because of that is why you get the red tab...ignore it.  If it creates an issue I can remove that validation.

As for extension...i noticed that too its a glitch of some sort.  But to be sure which cell are you editing when you get that f11 cell reference?  Signing bonus or contract length?

6 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

1) Should there be a "no offer" option on the RFA page, or leaving it blank suffices?

Leaving it blank works.  Remember this information must be posted in the league office thread for it to be official.  

2) I'll just come out and explain my thought process on Anthony Harris. I'd like to franchise him with the expectation that I'll get a long term deal done, but it's also my way of keeping him mine. do we have an exclusive window to resign our own guys before this so i wouldn't have to? Just trying to clarify how i would work my own soon to be free agents. I think I am confusing myself more than I need to. The APV listed on there seems high, and I was trying to see if I could structure similar to Landon Collins for cap space, but I'll dig into that later.

Working on the contract page, but it'll take me some time. I keep getting cap validation errors, and am trying to figure out why. 

Not at home so give me a bit to answer this.  My skills at typing on the phone sucks.

3) Kirk was released for S & G i suppose correct?

Did that just so you could create a contract that would get approved.  

I'll hit u up with a order that will help 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

On the depth chart its set up so that once you plug in a name that name doesnt reappear in the drop down list again.  Because of that is why you get the red tab...ignore it.  If it creates an issue I can remove that validation.

As for extension...i noticed that too its a glitch of some sort.  But to be sure which cell are you editing when you get that f11 cell reference?  Signing bonus or contract length?

To the first bolded, it's fine, just wanted to bring it up in case it was an issue. No need to change anything if not.

2nd bolded is signing bonus.

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

To the first bolded, it's fine, just wanted to bring it up in case it was an issue. No need to change anything if not.

2nd bolded is signing bonus.

Right below and not certain what cell reference it is but you should see player apy, signing bonus and contract length data.  The bonus you enter must be greater than or equal to the player expected sb value.

@MikeT14 @YogiBiz @PR @Jlash @Techbert @rackcs @BowserBroncos @samsel23

Okay...I know it's cheesy but after my hard drive crashed last year I haven't been able to use my recording software to make another one of these gems.  So this video is a few years old so the workbooks look a bit different but the structure hasn't changed much so it should give you a pretty good idea how to navigate, and build these contracts.  

Note:  audio isn't available.

So please watch it, it will help you all out tremendously.

FOLLOW HYPERLINK FOR INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO FOR CREATING CONTRACT 

You can also find this link in the FA Bidding sheet within the FA transaction workbook.  So watch the video, then navigate through the workbooks.  Any questions after that hit me up within this thread.

For the private team rosters, I'd like to include one more additional sheet, just not sure how to set it up just yet.  This pertains to getting potential trades to calculate into the cap automatically or semi automatically.

Edited by ny92mike
  • Like 3