2020 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

So @BowserBroncos asked the question about the workbook not updating the available cap in the FA transaction workbook when he released players using his private team roster workbook.

The reason for this is because it would be too easy to manipulate the team's available cap by simply "releasing" some of all your players in the private team workbook without ever officially releasing them.  Because of this I'm using the official team rosters.  However, I've included both the official and unofficial team roster links in the FA trans workbook, I can include this information in the FA Bidding sheets as well just know that I'm using the official roster as the base for determining available cap when bidding on players.

The private team workbooks are more for assisting you in calculating the cap based on all pending contracts.

Using the official team rosters to calculate the cap it isn't accounting for pending transactions such as trades, restructures and extensions as these things might be something you are looking to do but haven't actually decided to do it.     

• Like 1