Josh Rosen. How much of his horrific play would you blame the cast around him & how much on him?

ClutchDJ

Ryan Fitzpatrick looks pretty good with that cast. Though if we’re talking coaching than I think you could fault him being on multiple coaching staffs over the last two seasons. That said it seems veterans on either team haven’t necessarily come out and spoken highly of his leadership or intangibles either. Like with Kyler Murray, Josh Allen, and Lamar you’ve had veterans compliment those QBs as rookies about their maturity or work ethic, etc. Perhaps I missed that with Rosen.

• Like 3

Rosen sucks and is a bust. Really isn't much more to it. Look at how Murray has done compared to him with the Cardinals and how Fitzmagic has done compared to him with the Dolphins. I don't buy the supporting cast argument one bit, Rosen is just not a good QB.

• Like 2

My belief in him is crashing down in a precipitous fashion. He needs a lot to go right before he goes right as a QB, from coaching staff down to personnel. 

He'll probably bounce around a few teams, might get pressed into starting a few games, might get some team to give him a season - but I'm not really thinking his career is going to be good.

50 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Rosen sucks and is a bust. Really isn't much more to it. Look at how Murray has done compared to him with the Cardinals and how Fitzmagic has done compared to him with the Dolphins. I don't buy the supporting cast argument one bit, Rosen is just not a good QB.

In all fairness, Murray's not even that much better considering that he lost to a 4th string QB, but I agree that he's better than Rosen.  

Edited by RamblinMan99

35 minutes ago, RamblinMan99 said:

In all fairness, Murray's not even that much better considering that he lost to a 4th string QB, but I agree that he's better than Rosen.  

The bolded is just preposterous. Terrible way to gauge a player.

Russell Wilson lost to UDFA 3rd string quarterback Nick Mullens last year. I guess he'll never be that franchise quarterback guy for the Seahawks and they should draft a new QB this year. 

• Like 6

At some point people have to just realize the guy just isn't that good. He didn't live up to the hype in college, got overdrafted and was immediately replaced in what was an almost unheard of situation. He's a career back up who will probably be out of the league in 3-4 years.

13 minutes ago, RamblinMan99 said:

No, it isn't.  

Three of Murray's wins this season were against New York, Atlanta, and Cincinnati.  

They're three of the worst teams in the league.  

So,

A) yes it is. Murray may be good, he may not be, a single game doesn't determine that, and using a single game to push that narrative is silly. 

B) his wins have nothing to do with what I was talking about, so I'm not sure why you brought it up. I'm talking about the idea of using a single game to determine someone's ability / worth when they played a backup quarterback. These have nothing to do with one another

C) Atlanta is not one of the worst teams in the league. They are 6-9, closer to the middle of the pack them they are the bottom, and currently don't even have a top ten pick next year. They are a team that can beat the niners and saints but lose to the cards. 

D) I like the way you are saying this without any consideration to Arizona as a team. Are you forgetting that they aren't good? That they had the first pick in the draft and were one of the worst teams in football last year? This is not a good team around him. Why are you expecting to magically get wins against good teams with what he's working with?

I love NFL gen. Dear Lord

• Like 5