Put your name to the one coach you want.

hornbybrown

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

McDaniels won’t accept a job unless he has GM control. That’s an absolute reality.

You say this so absolutely and it's not necessarily true.

If this was the case, then why was Josh McDaniels longing for an interview last year with us when there was 100% absolutely no way we would consider getting rid of Dorsey? Surely if this was true he wouldn't have been trying to come here, right? Albert Breer is the mouthpiece for JM and was basically indicating that JM loves Baker and was pining to interview for us last year.

It's BS. While I'm sure JM would prefer GM control you can't sit there and say he WON'T take a job unless he has GM control.

2 minutes ago, Vee-Rex said:

You say this so absolutely and it's not necessarily true.

If this was the case, then why was Josh McDaniels longing for an interview last year with us when there was 100% absolutely no way we would consider getting rid of Dorsey? Surely if this was true he wouldn't have been trying to come here, right? Albert Breer is the mouthpiece for JM and was basically indicating that JM loves Baker and was pining to interview for us last year.

It's BS. While I'm sure JM would prefer GM control you can't sit there and say he WON'T take a job unless he has GM control.

I can, will, and did. ;)

And for the record, I'm not blown away by ANY of the HC candidates this year. However, Josh McDaniels is a freaking offensive mastermind and game plans as good as any other person in the league. Unlike Freddie, he heavily invests time and energy into uncovering the opponents defensive weaknesses and designs his weekly scheme to exploiting them. This is even more noticeable during the playoffs.

You don't know what type of offense New England would implement each week - sometimes it's a heavy dose of running, or intermediate/deep passing routes, or short/slashing routes. But it's all based on what the defense is most vulnerable to.

When it comes to unlocking Baker's potential and developing him fully, JM is as good of a choice as anyone.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Mind Character said:

Necessary Qualifications:

1.) Successful Winning Program/Habits/Culture Builder 

2.) Ability to Hire an Elite QB Coach and Staff and coach the heck out of the Coaches

3.) Elite Motivator & Visionary

4.) Ability to Develop and hold Star Players accountable

5.) Experienced Head Coach Not just a hot name coordinator

-------

Hire whoever best satisfies the above attributes/conditions:

1.) Urban Meyer IF -- Paired with an Elite QB Coach with OC upside, an Elite OC that can develop a system of successors, and Elite DC 

2.) Ron Rivera IF --  Paired with an Elite QB Coach with OC upside, an Elite OC that can develop a system of successors, and Elite DC 

3.) Josh McDaniels IF -- Paired with an Elite QB Coach with OC upside, an Elite OC that can develop a system of successors, and Elite DC   

4.) Jim Harbaugh IF -- Paired with an Elite QB Coach with OC upside, an Elite OC that can develop a system of successors, and Elite DC 

5.) Mike McCarthy IF --Paired with an Elite QB Coach with OC upside, an Elite OC that can develop a system of successors, and Elite DC 

6.) Matt Rhule IF --  Paired with an Elite QB Coach with OC upside, an Elite OC that can develop a system of successors, and Elite DC 

Talked to my b.i.l. this morning about candidates and he convinced me that I don't want Josh McDaniels high on my list as he let me know about the smoke and fire during his Broncos tenure that some of his personnel exec buddies witnessed first hand in Denver.

I had previously heard that McDaniels was an "egomaniac" via media reports, but I had never heard about some of the ridiculous things like imploding/berating janitorial and service staff, as well as shaming and berating lower level administrators on the daily as a way to express his frustrations. To me, how you treat service people or people with less power than you is s a core personality trait that you don't simply mature from once you're in your 30s. 

Also, there was the info regarding how McDaniels would walk all over the GM and attempted to get the GM fired with daily political back-stabbing moves by falsifying reports and presenting them to various members in the ownership group. 

Key veterans on the team thought McDaniels was a brilliant X's and O's coach, but couldn't connect with players at all even on a one on one level. Some players even from New England felt Josh didn't have it as a HC because he was unable to be relatable like Belichick can be in private with players.

McDaniels is a brilliant coordinator, but after the conversation.. he's off my list. 

I know for some it might be ridiculous to take a guy out of consideration for how he treats service or lower level employees in an organization, but to me that's a fatal flaw that reveals core ***-h*le-ism that likely bleeds over into other aspects of the person. His political games and inability to work with others, as well as inability to connect with players from a HC position is problematic as well.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Talked to my b.i.l. this morning about candidates and he convinced me that I don't want Josh McDaniels high on my list as he let me know about the smoke and fire during his Broncos tenure that some of his personnel exec buddies witnessed first hand in Denver.

I had previously heard that McDaniels was an "egomaniac" via media reports, but I had never heard about some of the ridiculous things like imploding/berating janitorial and service staff, as well as shaming and berating lower level administrators on the daily as a way to express his frustrations. To me, how you treat service people or people with less power than you is s a core personality trait that you don't simply mature from once you're in your 30s. 

Also, there was the info regarding how McDaniels would walk all over the GM and attempted to get the GM fired with daily political back-stabbing moves by falsifying reports and presenting them to various members in the ownership group. 

Key veterans on the team thought McDaniels was a brilliant X's and O's coach, but couldn't connect with players at all even on a one on one level. Some players even from New England felt Josh didn't have it as a HC because he was unable to be relatable like Belichick can be in private with players.

McDaniels is a brilliant coordinator, but after the conversation.. he's off my list. 

I know for some it might be ridiculous to take a guy out of consideration for how he treats service or lower level employees in an organization, but to me that's a fatal flaw that reveals core ***-h*le-ism that likely bleeds over into other aspects of the person. His political games and inability to work with others, as well as inability to connect with players from a HC position is problematic as well.

I disagree that you can’t grow out of that sort of behaviour but I also strongly agree that I don’t want anyone like that. 

but people can definitely change with time.

hate seeing people in positions of power be jerks to those below them

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Ignorance may very well have been bliss for me in this instance. Dammit.

• Like 1