Everything Free Agency (Rumors, notes and news)

RaidersAreOne

On 8/2/2020 at 11:35 AM, drew39k said:

Mosely opting out is a huge blow the Jets D.

Without Adams and Mosely the Jets NEED to go get Clowney. They currently have zero playmakers on D. If they can't get someone in there they are going to be in a lot of shootouts. 

If that happens, the entire season comes down to how their O-line rebuild went and whether Darnold is the guy or not.

If the answer the both is yes, then 8-10 wins is a possibility. If the line is good but sam sucks its gonna be a 5 win team. 

If both the line and darnold fail, 2-4 wins is likely.

Meh. They were going to be mediocre either way. Losing Mosley hurts for sure, but he wasn't going to be the difference between making the playoffs or not. Don't expect much from their O-line, yet. Their tackles are weak. Becton is a project who likely won't be an impact player this year. Even if Darnold starts to become a top-10 QB in the league; they're still going to no where. Gase as their coach + mediocre talent all over the team= a mediocre year at best.

The good news is- they may get a really high draft pick this year + they have a very promising GM. Darnold has shown he *may* become that guy. This year is obviously huge for his development, but I believe he can be a top-10 QB in this league (though he's continuously put in a whack situation) . They also have a ton of draft picks in the upcoming drafts. They have the assets to build something special and the GM to do it. Unfortunately, their coaching is a huge question mark. I don't ever see Gase bringing them to the promise land, but stranger things have happened. 

Edited by WizeGuy

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

I would guess he was not willing to play for 6 million max on a 1 year deal?

What are you talking about? Thats quite the leap, even for you. Rumor was that the Browns offered him somewhere north of $15m. But the joke is that he is the last one left.

On 8/13/2020 at 7:55 PM, Matts4313 said:

What are you talking about? Thats quite the leap, even for you. Rumor was that the Browns offered him somewhere north of $15m. But the joke is that he is the last one left.

You have a gif of Clowney sad that he is not on a team right after the a Cowboys signed a DE.

The player that they just signed (Griffen) is making 6 million max.

No way would Clowney have signed for Dallas at a 6 million max deal.

I am pretty sure everyone else understood that.

Let me know if you need pictures.

2 hours ago, Duluther said:
6 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

That's me hugging him for not going to Dallas.

Then I got bad news for you. Dallas got a much better player.

Griffen got shutout by our back-up tackle in the NFC Championship game.

Clowney is the better player at this point in their careers. He has the ability to be a game breaker (ie. the 49ers game last year)

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

8 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Clowney is the better player at this point in their careers. He has the ability to be a game breaker (ie. the 49ers game last year)

Better hope your coaching staff doesn’t base opposing player’s worth on one game.

Clowney is not the better player right now.

2 minutes ago, Duluther said:

Better hope your coaching staff doesn’t base opposing player’s worth on one game.

Clowney is not the better player right now.

Whatever you say bruh. Clowney is a force. I don't care what his sack #s were last year.

Griffen will still be a nice DE opposite DLaw for Dallas and was a good pick-up, but in no way am I taking him over Clowney. 

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

6 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

That was against an injured Joe Staley. Joe was not healthy when he played that game. Considering that was essentially a statistical outlier for both guys, I think it's fair to throw that game out the window for both guys. Easily easily the worst pro game of Staley's life. He's faced clowney before, we played Houston in 2017. Staley was Staley. In the mnf game against Seattle it was his first game back from injury, he didn't play the following week if memory serves. 

Joe playing so bad was basically the difference in the game. If he is normal Joe the niners run away with that game and we would have stayed undefeated

That's also the thing about niners Seahawks rivalry. They have beat up on us for so long, even though we were the muuuuch better team last year both games came down to the last play. I think we have a certain confidence against them we didn't have before, and if our DL stays healthy I really like our chances.Wilson has owned us but I really love the niners ability to punch back right now. There were years it wouldn't have mattered what we did, Wilson was gonna kill us. It's a different story right now. 

REVENGE TOUR 2020

• Like 1

Clowney's signature move is a cheap shot that adds 15 yards onto an already good play because he got there 3 steps too late.

He is one of the most overrated players in the last 10 years.

32 sacks vs 56 penalties, that is U G L Y

He is disruptive at times... to your team and his.

• Like 1

On 8/15/2020 at 9:43 PM, TheRealMcCoy said:

Clowney is a force

Sometimes. Maybe a play or two a month. The rest of the time, he's nowhere to be seen... unless he's jumping offsides or hitting a player out of bounds... while he's on the sidelines, in street clothes. Or, he's missing three games with a Charlie horse or something.

At this point, Clowney is an average starter with a few flashy plays on his resume. Anyone who thinks he's a force is watching old SC tape.