Everything Free Agency (Rumors, notes and news)

RaidersAreOne

5 hours ago, ET80 said:

Not even on pace to be the best TE in KC history...

To be fair, that's basically the same standard. GOAT in the league history and GOAT in KC history. Kelce would be on pace to be the best TE in most teams' histories, we just happened to have had Gonzo.

Though seriously, Kirill, come on man. Kelce is almost 31 and he would need to almost triple his career output to pass Gonzalez statistically. I would say he's on pace to be top 10 for sure, probably top 5, but GOAT is out of reach because of how ridiculous Gonzalez's longevity and Gronk's peak each were. He doesn't have a shot to pass either in those respective areas, so whichever an individual prefers, the dude isn't going to wind up GOAT.

• Like 1

If I’m clowney, I am begging to return to Seattle at this point. With the cap about to take a nose dive next year, he needs to just play the game next year and get paid now.

Either a lot of guys are getting low balled or they’re not really thinking about the fallout that will ensue from this season. Training camp starts this week.

Edited by candyman93

17 hours ago, MD4L said:

The Jets picking first overall this year wouldn’t surprise me. If you’re not sold on Darnold what exactly do they have going for them?

They went 7-9 last year without Mosely and Williamson, one of the worst offensive lines in football and being forced to start a 3rd string qb for 3 games.

Losing Adams is going to hurt, but the improvements at QB, OL, WR and LB should offset that. Hell their record may wind up worse do to the second hardest schedule in the league, but the team, even without Adams is better what the fielded last season.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MD4L said:

The Jets picking first overall this year wouldn’t surprise me. If you’re not sold on Darnold what exactly do they have going for them?

The Jets are never bad enough to pick 1st overall. As bad as we’ve been over the decades, you really have to go back to Keyshawn for the last time we picked first. We’re just not that lucky to be honest.

We still have cap space to add players. But looking at our team as is, the only thing we have going for us is run defense and short passing. Even with the loss of Adams, we’re still a top 5 run defense especially since we are getting Mosley and Williamson back. We cannot rush the passer and our coverage is meh. On offense, our OL is such a big question mark that it’s hard to even say. I expect us to be descent in the short passing game.

It might be a rough year again for us. Unless Darnold takes a big step forward. But worse case, I see us picking in the 3-8 range.

Edited by SDotNova

I’m not sure how you can evaluate Darnold.

His situation is the complete opposite of Baker, Lamar, and Josh. All 3 of those guys had teams surround them with incredible talent.

A 28 year old Leveon Bell is the best offensive weapon Darnold has ever had. The Jets just now decided to try and fix the offensive line.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drew39k said:

They went 7-9 last year without Mosely and Williamson, one of the worst offensive lines in football and being forced to start a 3rd string qb for 3 games.

Losing Adams is going to hurt, but the improvements at QB, OL, WR and LB should offset that. Hell their record may wind up worse do to the second hardest schedule in the league, but the team, even without Adams is better what the fielded last season.

I have no idea how you guys went 7-9. It was heart and grit.

• Like 4

The Jets will have the worst talent on paper despite a great 2020 draft. But yeah, they won’t be the worst team. They play hard and won’t tank like some other franchises. I think someone is going to winless this year. If there’s a team sitting at 0-6 or something like that, you might as well. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I’m not sure how you can evaluate Darnold.

His situation is the complete opposite of Baker, Lamar, and Josh. All 3 of those guys had teams surround them with incredible talent.

A 28 year old Leveon Bell is the best offensive weapon Darnold has ever had. The Jets just now decided to try and fix the offensive line.

We finally have a GM who understands you have to build around your QB. The previous GM thought you can grab someone from the street and put him on the OL. It’s a tragedy the supporting cast we’ve giving Darnold.

I don’t think our weapons have been awful. But the OL the last two years has been a disaster and plays never get a chance to develop. Our play at Center has been horrendous. Hopefully they can hold it together this year. I’ve overestimated our team in the past. I’ll just have to wait and see what happens,

On 7/25/2020 at 2:05 PM, Kirill said:

Holy **** this dude is overrated. Kelce is way better and is on track to be the GOAT TE yet all you hear about is Kittle. Seems like I saw something about this dude and the Rock then suddenly he's a mega star.

On 7/25/2020 at 2:12 PM, Forge said:

He is not on pace to be the GOAT te. He's not passing Gronk in dominance, not passing Tony G in career  

All that said, Kelce > Kittle