Everything Free Agency (Rumors, notes and news)

RaidersAreOne

Just now, MikeT14 said:

I am certainly no fan of Adam Gase, but was curious since I do feel how Adams went from trade to extension to trade was not really all on Gase. 

It's probably an organizational thing as a whole, the unfortunate circumstances around the world right exacerbated the issue. However I am of the belief that if they truly wanted to lock things up they were more than capable of doing so. My intuition is that they just bawked at extending Adams when they saw the Pandemic coming through anticipating a cap reduction.

8 hours ago, WizeGuy said:

Douglas signed a 6 year deal. He held out for that 6th year. It’s key because he can build around Darnold and if it doesn’t work out, he still has time to get another QB. He‘a basically getting two cracks at this thing. The Jets are not known for firing coaches or GMs without giving them proper time. Rightly or wrongly, we hold onto coaches and GMs until it’s painfully obvious they need to go.

I believe in Gase and Darnold but nothing is guaranteed and they can flop. Personally, if I am Douglas, I would use the 2021 draft to continue to build around Darnold. If Gase and Darnold haven’t shown the ability to lead a consistent winner over the next two years, use the 2022 draft to get another QB. By then, the supporting cast will hopefully be descent enough to ease in a young QB. It doesn’t make sense to rebuild and throw another young QB into a hot mess. Give Darnold and Gase two more years and go from there.

But first things first, get Darnold help and give the kid a chance. 

Edited by SDotNova
  • Like 1

On 7/26/2020 at 2:15 PM, drew39k said:

They went 7-9 last year without Mosely and Williamson, one of the worst offensive lines in football and being forced to start a 3rd string qb for 3 games.

Losing Adams is going to hurt, but the improvements at QB, OL, WR and LB should offset that. Hell their record may wind up worse do to the second hardest schedule in the league, but the team, even without Adams is better what the fielded last season.

Mosley is gone. If Darnold plays like a franchise QB or something of the sort, they can go from 5-8 wins. If he isn’t the guy it’s going to be a long season for the Jets.

5 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

So it sounds like Kittle and the 49ers aren't close? Quite opposite actually?

there have been conflicting reports for weeks.

someone was floating the rumor that the deal was already done but they were waiting to announce. Then lynch said on the radio that part of the delay was due to the fact they wanted clarity on the salary cap. So I think now that the cap floor was set at 175, the niners are changing their offer or something.

I said two months ago that I wouldnt be surprised if we just had him play out his contract and then tagged him twice. Still could pay him but he is slated to be the highest paid TE, so having an average of the top 5 paid TEs would be steal

21 hours ago, MD4L said:

Mosley is gone. If Darnold plays like a franchise QB or something of the sort, they can go from 5-8 wins. If he isn’t the guy it’s going to be a long season for the Jets.

Mosely opting out is a huge blow the Jets D.

Without Adams and Mosely the Jets NEED to go get Clowney. They currently have zero playmakers on D. If they can't get someone in there they are going to be in a lot of shootouts. 

If that happens, the entire season comes down to how their O-line rebuild went and whether Darnold is the guy or not.

If the answer the both is yes, then 8-10 wins is a possibility. If the line is good but sam sucks its gonna be a 5 win team. 

If both the line and darnold fail, 2-4 wins is likely.

On 7/31/2020 at 10:23 AM, Trentwannabe said:

Any one have any insight on him? I don’t think I have ever heard of him tbh.

He had pretty big expectations coming into 2019 as a SLOT-TE Shadow Hybrid DB. Played really well down the stretch of 2018, including the Monday Night game against Kansas City where he held Kelce in check for most of the game. Just never made an impact beyond ST in 2019. Seattle played base like 70-80% of time because they felt they didn't have the personnel to properly play a Nickle defense. King did get a couple of starts as a result of injuries as a outside CB. ST contributor with some positional flexibility. 

• Like 1