(Polls) Finalists Set: Choose Your Preferred GM/HC Pairing

Mind Character

Which Finalist GM/HC Pairing do you want us to choose?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Which Finalist GM/HC Pairing do you want us to choose?

• GM: Dave Ziegler/Nick Caserio; HC: Josh McDaniels
    • GM: Andrew Berry; HC: Kevin Stefanski
    • GM: Eliot Wolf; HC: Mike McCarthy
  2. 2. Which Pairing will ultimately be selected by the Haslams?

3. 3. Which Pairing has the greatest chance of blowing up in an epic fashion?

1 minute ago, Bonanza23 said:

Wait never mind he runs a 3-4. I don’t ever want to go back to a 3-4. I freakin loathe the 3-4!

Because we’ve had scrub DCs. Wade is a legend. He can make the 3-4 work. There’s no reason our front 7 can’t play the 3-4. Just get a fat boy to play NT and we’re good. 

5 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Because we’ve had scrub DCs. Wade is a legend. He can make the 3-4 work. There’s no reason our front 7 can’t play the 3-4. Just get a fat boy to play NT and we’re good. 

I want to bring Danny Shelton back. He's a great run stuffing fatty. The last time our run defense was good, he was the main reason behind it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Wait never mind he runs a 3-4. I don’t ever want to go back to a 3-4. I freakin loathe the 3-4!

The 3-4 is fine conceptually. It's the same thing as a 4-3 except you can be more aggressive with the 3-4. It's a little more unpredictable, which isn't a bad thing. It allows you to have 4 players in the second level of your defense, which does help prevent big runs. I wouldn't mind the 3-4 at all. Plus, I think Garrett's freaky enough to play all over a 3-4. I think we actually have solid 3-4 personnel with the exception of Mack Wilson, who would simply become our nickel LB'er. But everyone else fits.

11 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I want to bring Danny Shelton back. He's a great run stuffing fatty. The last time our run defense was good, he was the main reason behind it.

I’ve wanted him back since we got rid of him. I’d rather have him than Sheldon Richardson whos done nothing. 

3 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I’ve wanted him back since we got rid of him. I’d rather have him than Sheldon Richardson whos done nothing. 

Meh...Richardson hasn't bee bad. He's not great, but I don't think he's useless. He's an average NFL starter. He's making too much for an average starter, but he's not an abomination.

51 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Also, you have to think that he's learned from his mistakes.

This is all that matters when it comes to McDaniels. 

The question is if his mistakes reflect a core, less changeable part of his personality or way of being that will show itself again under stress or power, or if they were things that he's able to grow and mature from.

I don't think it makes sense to just assume that he's definitely a changed man as the flaws in the past may speak to a core part of how he is. Just as it wouldn't make sense to think that Urban Meyer has learned from his past mistakes and won't burn himself out in his next job hire. 

The scheming guys open talent only matters if he has the attributes/mentality to be a successful sustainable head coach.

Only time will tell.

I fall on the side of thinking McDaniels issues were reflective of core personality flaws that may be masked and suppressed as long as the team wins and does well, but will manifest in negative ways if the team faces long stretches of adversity.

Assuming we hire him, I desperately hope all of you who have McDaniels as your favorite are right and I'm wrong.

1 hour ago, Bonanza23 said:

You were saying you didn’t like Stefanski not too long ago 😂

I don't think I said that. I probably pointed out his apparent weaknesses and strengths, and I probably mentioned how I'd like to bring in other candidates outside of our coaching list to interview.

But I did pick Stefanski/Berry as the pairing out of the available list that I'd like the Haslam's to hire.

48 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

DAMN IT!!!!!! I've been working on my offseason revisions this weekend (havent posted yet) and this was one of my main moves in the offseason, this and drafting the kid from Utah in the 4th....that should FIX our run D finally.

Great idea.....since you posted first...I give you the Credit Sir.

Edited by DaWg_LB.

12 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Yup. Admit that McDaniels has somehow weaseled his way into Tayne's #1 slot from the likely hires. Stefanski is understandable as well, but the Patriots's offense just looks well-coached, not just because of the goat. The running game is fun to watch. But who knows? Admit to some paralysis-by-analysis fatigue at this point and would love for the Browns to just rip off the band-aid and hire someone already.

Samesies, hope they hire JMcD by the end of the day. Start building his staff.