Cowboys fire HC Jason Garrett

Manny/Patrick

Not a Cowboys fan, but I have to admit it was nice to see a coach get more than 1.5 years (yes I know he got more than he probably should have). I heard a lot of theories about why it took so long, but if it was to figure out how they could best help Garrett and his family after the fire then I do have some respect for that. Old school ways are good to see every now and again 

• Like 3

I do have to hand it to The Clapper, though. While it was time, in 9.5 years as HC, he only had one losing season. And that was the year Romo got hurt, which forced them to start Cassel, Weeden, and Moore for 12 games. There's something to be said for not being terrible. He's kind of like the Andy Dalton of Head Coaches.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, jrry32 said:

You fools think this is the end. Give it one year. The Clapper will be back.

Jerry insisted the clapper would be coaching in the NFL next year. 

Curious to see which team hires him. 

He's basically Jeff Fisher 

2 hours ago, Eagles $5$ said:

Damn it... I was waiting for Adam Schefter to report a 4th meeting tomorrow with Jerry.

We'll miss you Clapper. 

There's still hope.  5 hours later and nobody else seems to have corroborated the story and there's been no announcement.  In fact PFT have gone with a story suggesting ESPN went early based on a tweet worded differently

None of this is to say he won't be fired, just that it probably hasn't actually happened yet

3 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I do have to hand it to The Clapper, though. While it was time, in 9.5 years as HC, he only had one losing season. And that was the year Romo got hurt, which forced them to start Cassel, Weeden, and Moore for 12 games. There's something to be said for not being terrible. He's kind of like the Andy Dalton of Head Coaches.

He wasn't terrible,  he was Average. He also had 4 more 8-8 seasons. 

It's a Sad day for the rest of the NFCE. First Gruden, then Allen, followed by Shurmur?  Sad ,sad day!

Now go sign Urban Myer so the fun times really begin!

Edited by Nabbs4u

8 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

When your boss says "it's not you, it's me" you're getting fired.

His contract is expiring. They are not firing him and that's why this has been drawn out. They are just waiting on the contract to expire and moving on. 

So he was not fired in that sense. 

• Like 2