Cowboys fire HC Jason Garrett

Manny/Patrick

The reality is this, Garrett's contract expires sometime this month and I bet Jerry doesn't want to make a scene by publicly firing him as he is a close friend. It will likely go down as a mutual break up with Garrett walking as a free agent coach and not get the tag of being canned. I am sure Jerry is interviewing HC secretly or he has some in mind that are on playoff teams so he isnt going to rush it. If it wasnt an expiring contract then Jerry would have booted him by now. Which is why this is being dragged out so no blood on Jerry's hands to a close friend and Garrett gets to walk away with his head held high and able to find a new HC job if he wants to. 

4 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

The reality is this, Garrett's contract expires sometime this month and I bet Jerry doesn't want to make a scene by publicly firing him as he is a close friend. It will likely go down as a mutual break up with Garrett walking as a free agent coach and not get the tag of being canned. I am sure Jerry is interviewing HC secretly or he has some in mind that are on playoff teams so he isnt going to rush it. If it wasnt an expiring contract then Jerry would have booted him by now. Which is why this is being dragged out so no blood on Jerry's hands to a close friend and Garrett gets to walk away with his head held high and able to find a new HC job if he wants to. 

I can see this happening. It just doesn’t make sense for either side though. Garrett should have an opportunity to interview for new positions and Dallas should be able to bring people in. I doubt if we interviewed anyone news wouldn’t have broke about it by now. I think Dallas is simply doing nothing until the 14th

2 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

So... by doing this you realize he would be preventing his "friend" the opportunity to be considered for other HC vacancies and possibly, depending on the schedule of how quickly hirings go down, coordinator position consideration as well, right?

If Jerry was trying to save face and make himself look like a good guy, he could just as easily terminate the contract and put out the spin that they're doing this so as to give Garrett as much time as possible to be considered for and prepare for interviews for other HC opportunities.  This could just as well be an effort to keep him from going straight to the Giants, in a HC capacity or differently, and with a high-level of intel on the current Cowboys personnel.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, The LBC said:

So... by doing this you realize he would be preventing his "friend" the opportunity to be considered for other HC vacancies and possibly, depending on the schedule of how quickly hirings go down, coordinator position consideration as well, right?

If Jerry was trying to save face and make himself look like a good guy, he could just as easily terminate the contract and put out the spin that they're doing this so as to give Garrett as much time as possible to be considered for and prepare for interviews for other HC opportunities.  This could just as well be an effort to keep him from going straight to the Giants, in a HC capacity or differently, and with a high-level of intel on the current Cowboys personnel.

I feel like Garrett is going to get a job very quickly regardless, but you do have a point.

All of this drawn-out, multiple meeting BS is just stupid.

1 hour ago, The LBC said:

That's exactly what Jerry is doing and I find it hilarious! He's using the January 14th deadline as a "crutch" or excuse to mutually part ways. He for some ungodly reason is scared to death Garrett goes to NY. Go please, Clap for them! Turn Danny Pesos into the next Dak!

This also keep Dallas in the news 24/7 with speculation on Garrett's future while still being able to start putting the list together for interviews. Any press is good press. Jerry's a Media Whore, he's just doing what comes natural rather then what's right. 

Firing Jason Garrett!

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I feel like Jerry Jones is the guy who goes hunting and shoots the deer in the leg and then says “I’ll wait until Monday to kill it, because I respect it too much” 

Are you sure he's not the guy who would shoot Garrett in the face and then Garrett would apologize?