Divisional Round: MIN@SF (1:35PM PST)

Manny/Patrick

Just now, Gannon12 said:

Was wondering because that last bit from the Falcons he looked like a 2 yard back

Falcons fan here. We can't run block to save our lives, and if you can't run block, you can't run the ball. That was the primary issue with Coleman's last couple of years, same as with Freeman this year - if there's no space, what's a RB going to do? The 49ers offensive line is leagues superior to ours, so you're seeing the difference.

In Atlanta, Coleman had issues with vision, but he fit Kyle's 2015/2016 scheme perfectly.

3 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Ehh lol Vikings making him look good. He's been trash.

Might have to agree to disagree.  He had some great games for us earlier in the year.  Breida, and then Mostert, just happened to start lighting it up for us and we went with the hot hand. We simply haven't been scheming around Coleman later in the year.  He was just used as a rest for Mostert.

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Oh, that's fair. I didn't really think about that (with regards to him going to a new team).

I will say that I feel more comfortable that the 9ers get more bank for their buck on a deal (with the same defensive scheme and players around him) than another team would.

I mean, honestly, he's very replaceable for you guys. I can understand being gun-shy about letting him go considering how, up until getting Bosa, you guys were so edge-rusher starved in the post Aldon-Smith-goes-mental years, but there are guys in the mold of a Chris Clemons that can be had for half-the-cost (probably a most) who would do just as well in the wide-9, while offering a relatively negligible drop-off in run defense.