The NFL needs to rethink how it does overtime

pf9

College overtime is weird in my opinion, and it would mess with statistics a lot (do you just not count OT stats? what do you do when a huge shootout happens and a QB throws 10 touchdowns on short-field drives?). I think playing a 10-minute or whatever set period would be fine.

11 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I keep seeing people crap on it, but supplying no legitimate argument as to why it’s so bad. 

We can agree to disagree but what legitimate argument have you made? There were two playoff games that went to overtime this weekend and no one is complaining about one of them. The reason is no one is complaining isn't because of different rules, it's because in one of the games the team that kicked played defense. 

1 minute ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I agree, coin flip having that much importance is outrageous, but it doesn’t seem like we’re getting change any time soon.

52% chance of winning receiving the ball, 48% chance kicking the ball

It doesn't get much more even than that

6 minutes ago, jofos said:

We can agree to disagree but what legitimate argument have you made? There were two playoff games that went to overtime this weekend and no one is complaining about one of them. The reason is no one is complaining isn't because of different rules, it's because in one of the games the team that kicked played defense. 

It’s more exciting. More points in college playoffs. It can go on longer, therefore, more football. 

It’s fair and offers both teams the chance to score equally. 

It doesn’t give a team a chance to win with no rebuttal. 

It’s like having a baseball overtime game where you flip a coin and they only play the “top of the 10th, not the bottom.” It’s dumb.