Divisional Round: Seattle Seahawks vs Green Bay Packers

BayRaider

Just now, bigbadbuff said:

That’s why you go for it on that 4th down! Sickening! I’d rather die with Russ than count on stopping that baaaaaadddd man

I dunno, 4th and 11? I kinda agree with the call. Do you have any idea how likely it is that our crappy offense wouldn't eat up enough time, and our defense would just play the role of matador to Wilson on the ensuing drive?

I'd put the Seahawks chances of wining the game at that specific point, at around 97%

1 minute ago, Jetzger said:

The yellow line was further up the field than the actual first down marker.  He might have actually gotten the first down.  Still a lousy spot though.  

So much this but you will have the idiots out in force without watching where the line is.

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

How in the world does this justify the referee giving him an extra full yard and a half?! At least force them to get that 1st down.

Wait, what? You think Jimmy Graham was a YARD AND A HALF short of the first??

• Like 1

The real issue IMO is how a divisional playoff game can only have an overhead view from 1 side.   A reverse angle view would have likely shown what most of us think - it was short.

SF's game had a huge reversal because they had 3-4 different views on Deebo's non-fumble.   That GB-SEA only had one single overhead view is just SMH-worthy.

Edited by Broncofan

You people saying no way that was a first need glasses. It was very close and nowhere near enough to overturn.

Anyway, props to GB but if I'm a Pack fan I'm going "whew" and worrying about SF because their D needs to get a grip. No way should this game have been that close against a hobbled Seahawk team. And some terrible play-calling to boot. 

Just now, 3rivers said:

It's a mockery considering the revenue the league pulls in. Maybe it's intentional for moments like this, I dunno .  It has to really bother some players though, all the effort to  then be wasted by a bad call/spot etc

Heck yeah, it has to bothersome for players....it's bothersome to us fans. It was turning into a comeback ended with another obvious bad call.

the revenue is a good mention as to why. The longer/more people watch....the more money is made.