NFC Championship: GB@SF

Manny/Patrick

Who will win?   

130 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• San Francisco 49ers
    • Green Bay Packers

7 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

After Bulaga went out in that game his replacement was Alex Light and you could see a significant drop off at RT.   The backup we have behind Bryan now is a seasoned veteran in Jared Veldheer who filled in admirably on Sunday against Seattle.  Our RG is a rookie drafted in the second round so he is learning on the job.

20 hours ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

GO PACK GO GO PACK GO 

LET THE SMELL OF CHEESE FLOW! 

KILL EM PACKAGANG KILL EM ALL. PACKERS NATION IS HERE TO TAKE OVER. 

BEAT JIMMY G.. BEAT JIMMY G. 

You’ve changed. I miss the old you. 😔

1 hour ago, Pugger said:

After Bulaga went out in that game his replacement was Alex Light and you could see a significant drop off at RT.   The backup we have behind Bryan now is a seasoned veteran in Jared Veldheer who filled in admirably on Sunday against Seattle.  Our RG is a rookie drafted in the second round so he is learning on the job.

Our RG is Billy Turner, Jenkins is the LG.

3 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I never said he wasn't good. 

Just kidding, my man. He is both loud and a bit goofy so I can totally see it. Personally, I love the guy but that's mostly because he's so freaking good and has a team-first mentality. Hopefully none of that changes when he gets his well-deserved extension that will blow up the TE market. 

To get back on topic, I believe it will be tight and the game can go either way. If 49ers play as good as they can, they will win but with such an inexperienced team there's a lot of things that can go wrong. 

10 hours ago, jp_chilli said:

Good analysis BayRaider.

I give GB a 40% chance to win! What i see between these two teams is one is a finesse team (GB) the other is a voracious team (49ers). 

The finesse team line is such a Cowherd line. I don't really get it. They have a very balanced offence  (15th rated running offense and 16th passing in yards). When I think of finesse teams, I think of like a D Jackson Philly, Luck Colt  teams, etc that only got chunk plays in the air and couldn't sustain drives.

GB's OL is as good (maybe better) than SF's and they have a few real  plus defenders in their front 7 (Zdarius Smith, Kenny Clark). I get SF's DL has more studs, but that is really the only thing voracious about them in comparison

14 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

GB's OL is as good (maybe better) than SF's and they have a few real  plus defenders in their front 7 (Zdarius Smith, Kenny Clark). I get SF's DL has more studs, but that is really the only thing voracious about them in comparison

the 49ers offensive line honestly isn't all that great. Better run blocking unit, led in large part by McG, who is phenomenal at that. As a pass blocking unit? They are okay, but nothing more than that. By pass block win rate, they are actually one of the worst in the league (like bottom 6 or something?). The scheme from Shanny and Jimmy's quick release are awesome offsets to that, however. It's definitely not a bad line. Pretty okay overall, consistent, and they largely have good chemistry. Much better with a healthy Richburg :(

38 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Yup, this is just about how Id rate them.

GB clear lean at QB, RB (I'd argue OL and DBs too)

SF clear lean at DL, TE, WR, LB (they count the Smith's here on the chart I bet).

If San Fran is getting after Rodgers it bumps their secondary to a push or ahead of GB.

If Adams gets loose it bumps GBs WRs to a push or ahead of SF. He's by far the best WR on that field. Our depth just sucks.

Talent wise on paper we're close. San Francisco has played up to their talent level all year, we only have in spurts.

• Like 1

If I'm the Packers I would sell out to stop the run. Most teams don't sell out against the run cause they see Matt Brieda on paper but Kyle opens the run game up with his passing and his run concepts are pretty creative. I would take a different approach and stack the box and play Man Coverage on the Niners WRs majority of the game. If they lose their matchups, then they lose. Also patrol a safety over the middle of the field for those deadly crossing routes. Make Jimmy beat you deep. He can, but make him do it/dare him to do it.

Kyle is the most creative offensive play caller in the game and I am no DC obviously. But in the most simple way possible, this is how I would try to slow down the Niner Offense.

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

If I'm the Packers I would sell out to stop the run. Most teams don't sell out against the run cause they see Matt Brieda on paper but Kyle opens the run game up with his passing and his run concepts are pretty creative. I would take a different approach and stack the box and play Man Coverage on the Niners WRs majority of the game. If they lose their matchups, then they lose. Also patrol a safety over the middle of the field for those deadly crossing routes. Make Jimmy beat you deep. He can, but make him do it/dare him to do it.

Kyle is the most creative offensive play caller in the game and I am no DC obviously. But in the most simple way possible, this is how I would try to slow down the Niner Offense.

I'd also bracket Kittle, particularly in the Packers situation. Their linebackers simply can't keep up with Kittle or the running backs. They need help there. 

Also, I lowkey wouldn't be shocked if Breida is scratched this game. He's in a rut. He probably won't be, but I wouldn't be shocked if he is. If he's active, he may not see a carry. The guy has 3 fumbles in his last 16 carries, which is really bad lol. 

• Like 1